Fire Call!!!! Dems attempting to ram SB741/HB888...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    So it's ok they sold us out because they have to appease Democrat soccer moms in order to get reelected. So that they can defend us until it's time to sell us out again. Then eventually we won't have any guns to own for them to take then we won't be upset with them when they sell us out....

Am I understanding this whole "reading into politics" thing right?

Yep, roll over at the face of adversity and hope that makes the enemy vote for you while your friends quit voting for you. Shit, what a great plan.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    So it's ok they sold us out because they have to appease Democrat soccer moms in order to get reelected. So that they can defend us until it's time to sell us out again. Then eventually we won't have any guns to own for them to take then we won't be upset with them when they sell us out....

Am I understanding this whole "reading into politics" thing right?

No. You were sold out over the last 20 years when these yahoos were voted into office.

You did vote against them all, right?

Now that the Left has a lock on all legislation, with the governor unable to sustain a veto, what's your plan to get favorable politicians into office?
    Is it better to let the few remaining Republican seats go to the Dems? How helpful is that?

Anyone looking for Ideological Purity in politics is naive, deluded, or just not watching. Unless, of course, they ignored politics long enough to let the state go totally Left. So the ideologues are already in charge, with a total lock on the legislature.

Ranchero50

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    It's just people being people. From a politicians point of view, what did they have to gain by fighting for a lost cause? Ostracizing peer pressure maybe?

East2West

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 20, 2013
    Nomalley, Nobama
    No. You were sold out over the last 20 years when these yahoos were voted into office.

You did vote against them all, right?

Now that the Left has a lock on all legislation, with the governor unable to sustain a veto, what's your plan to get favorable politicians into office?
    Is it better to let the few remaining Republican seats go to the Dems? How helpful is that?

Anyone looking for Ideological Purity in politics is naive, deluded, or just not watching. Unless, of course, they ignored politics long enough to let the state go totally Left. So the ideologues are already in charge, with a total lock on the legislature.

It's called primarying the turncoats. Replace them with a better GOP candidate. Or perhaps you'd like to continue your current plan of sending the Republicans nasty emails for selling you out, then forgiving them at the ballot box.

For the life of me what I can't understand is how you guys think a Republican voting to take away your rights is somehow better than a Democrat doing it.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    I’ve had members here (that I know leave their houses for gun shows) tell me that Patriot Picket activity QUALIFIES AS AN ANARCHIST DEMONSTRATION THAT INVALIDATES THEIR PENSION!

What do we do, and where do we go if that’s how it is?

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Its up above you by some posts

Thanks
    That was hard to read.

And Kipke? wow

Maybe the R's signed on because of the current climate knowing that Hogan would veto so they would get to tell people they tried and tell us nothing passed on their watch.

SCV/SAR Patriot

UNRECONSTRUCTED
    I’m reading these comments to my wife, former Delegate Carmen Amedori and she stated it was the gun community that taught her if you give a finger they’ll take an arm. She’s disappointed in those who fail to remember that rule. Her strong belief in the 2 A and not budging is why she was point on firearm issues in the legislature and is wondering why the rule is no longer being followed.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Courage is, as courage does...

A week after the Patriot Picket arrests, we had 350 people turn out to march in solidarity with us.

It should have been 3,500, or 35,000. Who stayed home? Thousands of Marylanders who said they feared a non-prohibiting MISDEMEANOR arrest, despite the fact that we carefully staged this to occur on known public sidewalks—a 1st Amendment activity that we knew to be totally lawful.

We fall short demanding that only legislators be courageous when thousands on our side sat on their hands February 12th and ignored the Democrat shot-across-our-bow attack on our rights and our way of life.

Yes, the Democrats fired a political shot “heard ‘round Maryland” and we, the people, responded with 350 people when there are 1,000,000 people within a one hour drive of the Statehouse.

Some of the the fearless Patriots standing with us came from PA and NJ! (Out-of-State guts!)

Our Maryland bystander impulses end now, or our gun rights end.

As much as I wanted to attend, my work schedule prohibited me from doing so and I am not able to request leave if the schedule has already been posted. I also couldn't exactly call in sick and then appear in the media in some form, either.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I’ve had members here (that I know leave their houses for gun shows) tell me that Patriot Picket activity QUALIFIES AS AN ANARCHIST DEMONSTRATION THAT INVALIDATES THEIR PENSION!

What do we do, and where do we go if that’s how it is?

Depending on their employer and the code of conduct they are required to abide by, that may be true. It would be one thing if they were working in retail or some other job, but if they are working in the private sector and their employer holds government contracts, they have to keep their noses clean for the company. If somebody is an employee of the government and they are required to stay away from those kinds of events to ensure continued employment, then they are doing the smart thing to play within the confines of the box they willingly place themselves in.

The problem that I do see is, who states that it is an anarchist demonstration? The person that is saying that to you, or is it their employer or, LE that classified it as such. That is what you need to take into account with their statement.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Depending on their employer and the code of conduct they are required to abide by, that may be true. It would be one thing if they were working in retail or some other job, but if they are working in the private sector and their employer holds government contracts, they have to keep their noses clean for the company. If somebody is an employee of the government and they are required to stay away from those kinds of events to ensure continued employment, then they are doing the smart thing to play within the confines of the box they willingly place themselves in.

The problem that I do see is, who states that it is an anarchist demonstration? The person that is saying that to you, or is it their employer or, LE that classified it as such. That is what you need to take into account with their statement.

FACT: The Patriot Picket engages in absolutely legal political advocacy on behalf of legal, qualified candidates and the Constitution.

There is no “controlling legal authority” that grants us permission to do what we do. Our permission is enshrined in the Constitution.

There is simply no debate about that and any suggestion otherwise is not informed.

We act within the four corners of our Founding Documents. It is as straightforward as it gets.

The Hatch Act notwithstanding, we, and all Americans, have implicit rights to do what we do.

LeadSled1

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 25, 2009
    MD
    Busy unsubscribing from delegates' email lists so they can no longer send me requests for money and support. F'em, and I am putting right in the reason for unsubscribing is their vote for HB 888.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    FACT: The Patriot Picket engages in absolutely legal political advocacy on behalf of legal, qualified candidates and the Constitution.

There is no “controlling legal authority” that grants us permission to do what we do. Our permission is enshrined in the Constitution.

There is simply no debate about that and any suggestion otherwise is not informed.

We act within the four corners of our Founding Documents. It is as straightforward as it gets.

The Hatch Act notwithstanding, we, and all Americans, have implicit rights to do what we do.

I am not saying that PP is not above board, so allow me to make that clear up front.

My view is coming from working as a government employee and contracting to the government, and I know what the code of conduct for employees can be and how draconian they are. I am neither defending those people you are speaking of, nor am I condemning them. All I was trying to do was shed some light on why it is possible that they are constrained by their employer.

Given that my current employer has no issues with me participating in PP events, I would attend if I was able to, if scheduling allowed. The flip side of that coin is that it is my management team that has the ability to crucify me for exercising my rights, depending on how vindictive they want to be. Yes, they can be vindictive over a non-issue. If management caused a stink, could appeal the issue to HR and HR would back me, because it wasn't on company time and I violated no laws. But my situation is different than others, obviously. I am also not constrained by the Hatch Act, either.

If a PP event occurs and I am able to attend, you of all people should know that I will do my best to be there.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I dont know why people think politicians are our friends. We have a constitution precisely because they arent and never were. Vote on taxes, spending, crime. Not on constututional rights. The only thing politicians can do is appoint justices who will ensure that the constitution is followed.

JaegerJason

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 1, 2018
    Since I became a Maryland resident, my policy has been to vote against the incumbents. That isn't changing now. I'll probably move out before making any progress, though, if history is any guide.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom