Fire Call!!!! Dems attempting to ram SB741/HB888...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    And it sure seems like we've been paying for nothing since 2012. How on earth have any of the gun rights advocacy groups made being a gun owner easier in Maryland? Sorry if the old "Well think about how bad it could be here" line isn't good enough for me.

MSI and other groups beat back a very poorly considered ban on possession of 11+ round clipazines in 2013 and again this year. Sticking your finger in a dam to hold back the water is not sexy but they do it well. This state is supermajority Dems, most of which are loony progressive zealots. We could easily be Illinois or New Jersey.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    We could be worse than Illinois or Jersey.

Hell, given free reign, our legiscritters would have us in a neck and neck race with California to see who is just more batshit crazy.

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    And it sure seems like we've been paying for nothing since 2012. How on earth have any of the gun rights advocacy groups made being a gun owner easier in Maryland? Sorry if the old "Well think about how bad it could be here" line isn't good enough for me.

The other choice is to do nothing. I will not do nothing.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD

There is a difference between advocacy and votes. One is all talk, and the other is tallied up and is the basis of law.

If you are not actively campaigning for candidates with yard signs, donating to campaigns, or sign waving at intersections in your district, then you get what you get, with advocacy groups on defense for the whole game.

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    My two Republican delegates have been informed I will not vote for them in 2018.

Cutting off my nose to spite my face blah blah blah.

I'm not voting for someone that promises me one thing and delivers another. I'd rather just get as expected so I don't get disappointed. The Maryland Republican delegation is a joke. Sorry.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    My two Republican delegates have been informed I will not vote for them in 2018.

I'm not voting for someone that promises me one thing and delivers another. I'd rather just get as expected so I don't get disappointed. The Maryland Republican delegation is a joke. Sorry.

Mine as well. I'm waiting until it's posted on the MGA site before I nuke them. Cluster outright lied to me. Fuuuuuck him.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD

It's not as easy as that. Do you want Republican representation with seniority or not?

Of course, then there's the Doomsday Scenario: we refuse to vote for Republicans...and Democrats gain every seat....then start the confiscation of all guns except revolvers and kick off Red Dawn.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    It's not as easy as that. Do you want Republican representation with seniority or not?

Of course, then there's the Doomsday Scenario: we refuse to vote for Republicans...and Democrats gain every seat....then start the confiscation of all guns except revolvers and kick off Red Dawn.

I cannot, and I will not, vote for representatives who support "gun control." Full stop. The letter after the name on the ballot means absolutely nothing if they are willing to sell our birthright for 30 pieces of silver.

No.

I don't own a bump stock. I don't want a bump stock. This is ********. **** every last one of them that voted for this heap of shit. They're dead to me.

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD

Republicans with seniority that vote for gun control? No, I don't. Granted there's little they can do in the House which is run by a tyrant and governed by rules that make the minority irrelevant. Doesn't excuse people - especially in safe districts like mine.

Just bring on the doomsday scenario - the slow bleed with Quislings in the party I vote for to ostensibly lodge protest votes who can't even do that isn't worth it.

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    I cannot, and I will not, vote for representatives who support "gun control." Full stop. The letter after the name on the ballot means absolutely nothing if they are willing to sell our birthright for 30 pieces of silver.

No.

I don't own a bump stock. I don't want a bump stock. This is ********. **** every last one of them that voted for this heap of shit. They're dead to me.

Yep. I don't own a bumpstock either and never had any interest one. I do own MGs and I worked in the business that derived serious income from the sale and transfer of MGs. This bill severely curtails that business and my hobby.

Dead to me is accurate. They can go **** themselves.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    I cannot, and I will not, vote for representatives who support "gun control." Full stop. The letter after the name on the ballot means absolutely nothing if they are willing to sell our birthright for 30 pieces of silver

No.

I think you know I am a charter member of the "Not One Inch" faction. I've almost been banned twice for flying this flag against the crowd that says we've got to sacrifice bumps stocks for the greater good.

The politicians have their realities, and we have ours.

If we organized a Washington State style rally with several thousand Patriots converging on Lawyer's Mall to hold bump stocks in the air, chanting "Come & Take it!....are you IN?

Between 1,000 and 3,000 showed up at Seim’s rally at the [Washington] state capitol to protest passage of Initiative 594 which, among other restrictions, now requires gun owners to obtain a background check before transferring a handgun to another party. At the moment the law became effective at midnight, December 4, a You-Tube aggregator called “LaughingAtLiberals” (LAL) posted a video showing just such a transfer taking place — a Glock 22 for a fistful of dollars — without the now-requisite background check.

https://www.thenewamerican.com/usne...ashington-state-pro-gun-rally-draws-thousands

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    If they backstab , then no , not really . Their Votes matter .

I don't think there ARE several thousand Bump Stocks in the state . ( Yes , everyone should be able to buy , own, and use one should they wish , just observing current numbers .)

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    I think you know I am a charter member of the "Not One Inch" faction. I've almost been banned twice for flying this flag against the crowd that says we've got to sacrifice bumps stocks for the greater good.

The politicians have their realities, and we have ours.

If we organized a Washington State style rally with several thousand Patriots converging on Lawyer's Mall to hold bump stocks in the air, chanting "Come & Take it!....are you IN?

https://www.thenewamerican.com/usne...ashington-state-pro-gun-rally-draws-thousands

I guess the problem would be, if found guilty of possession of a bumpstock, that would be a lifetime prohibition. That seriously stifles the resistance. If it was not a lifetime ban, you'd get more people.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I guess the problem would be, if found guilty of possession of a bumpstock, that would be a lifetime prohibition. That seriously stifles the resistance. If it was not a lifetime ban, you'd get more people.

That, apparently, was not an issue for those firearms owners in Washington State, so why is it one here?

And before you ask, yes, I would show up, even though I don't own a bumpstock, but I do own several different replacement triggers, which would be affected by this bill.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Demographics of birth rate and immigration difficult to be defeated. Maryland is is ~25% white non-Hispanic men. Gun rights are a white male issue (older guys at that) and probably not a significant amount of white males in Maryland do care. The math is not there in a legislative nature for Maryland.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    It is here:

DYXbpWjWsAACJCx.jpg:large

I am disappointed to see that my delegate, Christian Miele, who has promised me over email that he's pro gun and will support us, voted for this.

He's got a senate campaign running now, and he just lost my vote.

Fredneck

Nov 23, 2011
    Would this bill prohibit a Maryland resident from being able to legally obtain a MG (ATF approved) or lightning link after OCT 2018? Will we still be able to get replacement triggers NOT including "binary" and stay within the law? It is "logical" relatively newly developed, purpose-built devices like bump stocks and binary triggers would come under attack-but to open the definition up to include (future block) highly-regulated NFA items is a true gun-grab.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JOELEWIS419

Latest threads

Top Bottom