• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zoopal

Jun 13, 2013
    My guess is Glock will do it for us. Last time I called them I was asking some general questions about how it worked and she said that companies like Glock & S&W will submit them on their own. If I was interested in purchasing right away though, I would probably call and ask if that has been set up.

Hopefully, we can buy it by the end of the year. Thanks:thumbsup:

Hakuna Matata

May 14, 2014
    So it is not a CCW gun and the shorter sight radius does nothing regards to duty carry.

So it fits where in what nitch other then they will sell cause Glock.

I saw a K-9 Sheriff's deputy at Anne Arundel courthouse sporting a Glock 19X with the 17rd mag, so I guess she found a reason to use it for duty carry.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    I saw a K-9 Sheriff's deputy at Anne Arundel courthouse sporting a Glock 19X with the 17rd mag, so I guess she found a reason to use it for duty carry.

Ok great. One individual officer went and bought a gun to carry. That definitely proves its worth:rolleyes:

There are plenty of officers in court carrying 5-6 round pocket guns on their hips. Does that mean it's a great idea? Not at all. Does that mean pocket pistols are a great patrol weapon? Not at all.

If you are going to accept a larger grip why not take advantage over a longer sight radius and better weight distribution?

But if one officer decided to carry it I guess all my talking points are moot.

lilgibby

"man gotta have a code."
    Sep 17, 2011
    Elkton
    Looking to grab one when it hits the roster got plenty of 17 round mags sitting around since i sold the g17.

euchre98

Feb 13, 2009
    Leonardtown
    Not doubting you but it's still a stupid model # for a 9mm. So what caliber is the Glock 44?

TOTALLY AGREE.....esp after decades of this conversation...

"Gun person" - do you have a Glock?
    Me - Yes I have a G22
    "Gun Person" - I didnt know they made one in .22 are you sure you have a Glock?
    Me - Yes its a Glock Model G22 in 40.
    "Gun Person" - Oh 40...you said 22 I thought 22lr.
    Me - No thats the model number
    "Gun Person" - So you have a Glock model 40?

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    LOL. Been there.

HIM: “So do you own any Glocks?”

ME: “Yeah. Latest one is a G23.”

HIM: “Huh. I didn’t know they even made anything in 223...”

ME: “It’s a 40”

HIM: “I thought you could only get ten. Did you go to Pennsylvania or something’.”

ME: “Maybe we should talk about something else.”

F5guy

Mar 27, 2013
    Annapolis
    f1efa7a690a73fe31ad7fd16a95fbf6e.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    As I understand it...

The model number of a Glock pistol coresponds to the number of the patent issued for that model.

And...

Since Glock is said to have spent millions of dollars fighting the -0- and HRC Small Arms Treaty when they tried to get the US signed up with the European countries... I think they can call their guns what ever they wish.

Or is there some rule or law that says the model numbers must indicate or corespond to the caliber of the firearm?

In which case...

The numbers need to be revised on the Remington 870, Mossberg 500, and a few more. :shrug:

Atrox88

Gold Member
    Jan 7, 2016
    Carroll County
    Hmmm if you don't mind me asking what did you pay for it??? You thinking about selling it??? or keeping?

No, it's a keeper. I bought it for me but decided to give it to her for a early Christmas present, still new in the box. She's a new shooter and when we went to the range it was a bit much for her. I'll have to work her up in calibers a little slower. She's happy with her Ruger SR-22. I still plan on buying the G45 for myself when it becomes available.
    I bought it at Bollingers for $594

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom