• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    So short of the long is I can’t get a PA CC permit without a MD CC

My morals are not for sale, my integrity is worth my existence.

Yipper skipper. I think they accept new Hampshire's permit

Nobody

Vswillj1

Oct 1, 2018
    NH and Texas were the last non-Res accepted by Pa , but no longer .

Ok thanks. I read the laws but I was hopping on there being a loophole because of the MD laws.

My morals are not for sale, my integrity is worth my existence.

May 8, 2018
    Good Day all,

I have read throu this site and others that there are multiple counties in PA that will work with us Maryland-ers, that have a W&C, and other counties that give us a hard time if there are restrictions on the permit. What is this groups experience. I live in hazard county and driving to Gettysburg is an ordeal but I am constantly in York. If one county is better and less hassle then I would rather have to drive then do another song and dance like we have to do here in MD.

Also second question: IF a PA permit is granted can you carry in Phili. I know there are different OC laws but did not know if the CC permit is valid state wide.

Thanks in Advance

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Good Day all,

I have read throu this site and others that there are multiple counties in PA that will work with us Maryland-ers, that have a W&C, and other counties that give us a hard time if there are restrictions on the permit. What is this groups experience. I live in hazard county and driving to Gettysburg is an ordeal but I am constantly in York. If one county is better and less hassle then I would rather have to drive then do another song and dance like we have to do here in MD.

Also second question: IF a PA permit is granted can you carry in Phili. I know there are different OC laws but did not know if the CC permit is valid state wide.

Thanks in Advance

York County is okay, but they get prickly about making you photograph your new MD permit after renewal and sending it via email to the sergeant. They will actually send you a letter stating that your PA permit will be revoked if you don't.

PA is an open carry state except in Philly. With a PA LTCF you can carry concealed or open in every part of PA including Philly.

silverwolf

Feb 14, 2011
    York County is okay, but they get prickly about making you photograph your new MD permit after renewal and sending it via email to the sergeant. They will actually send you a letter stating that your PA permit will be revoked if you don't.

Is Adams County (or some other county) better about this?

Moorvogi

Firearm Advocate
    Dec 28, 2014
    so... after 6 pages of posts, i got kinda lost there.

1. once you have MD permit, where do you go to get the PA one? Is it a printable form like Utah, apply online, do you go to an office to have interview like MD...
    2. does it matter what county you apply for PA permit thru?
    3. pa permit good in all counties of pa??

Moorvogi

Firearm Advocate
    Dec 28, 2014
    so... after 6 pages of posts, i got kinda lost there.

1. once you have MD permit, where do you go to get the PA one? Is it a printable form like Utah, apply online, do you go to an office to have interview like MD...
    2. does it matter what county you apply for PA permit thru?
    3. pa permit good in all counties of pa??

looks like.. for #1 you can go to: https://www.montcopa.org/DocumentCe...se-to-Carry-Firearms---Form-SP-4-127-10-2012-

fill it out and take it to them.. somewhere.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I received Certified mail yesterday from York County PA. Just went to the Post Office, it's a standardized letter letting me know my PA permit has been revoked because I didn't provide them with the renewal of my MD permit (which I got at the last minute).

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Meanwhile..... my permit was issued in Lancaster County, no clue why York is involved at all.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    I just got a renewal notice from Adams County. Just have to fill out the form, copy of DL and Md permit and mail. 1 to 2 weeks later, go to Gettysburg, get pic taken and pay 20 bucks and done

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom