• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tracker

Aug 21, 2011
    Anne Arundel County
    polymer80 is releasing their 20/21 frame in Oct. If you want a .45acp or 10mm your opportunity is coming

I already have a G20 but a 21 would be right up my alley!

Tip: Last year at Thanksgiving time there were deals everywhere on everything you need to build a P80.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Mine has the metal rear block, but I think it's earlier since they aren't using the Spectre name any longer. I know I've had it two years or so, based on email invoices.
    The v2 should be good to go, at least insofar as any of their frames are.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    Who has the complete build kit(everything needed to complete the P80?) To be honest I don’t have the time to shop a gazillion different sites for every individual piece. I want to do the compact with textured grip(debating p80 texture vs brownell’s texture). Although I’ve been all about shooting 9mm due to cost, I’m thinking of doing this in 40 S&W...depends on if I can find an all in one kit to complete it or a source who has everything I need. Thank you all for your help.

IX-3

Aug 21, 2018
    Eastern Shore, MD
    Who has the complete build kit(everything needed to complete the P80?) To be honest I don’t have the time to shop a gazillion different sites for every individual piece. I want to do the compact with textured grip(debating p80 texture vs brownell’s texture). Although I’ve been all about shooting 9mm due to cost, I’m thinking of doing this in 40 S&W...depends on if I can find an all in one kit to complete it or a source who has everything I need. Thank you all for your help.

https://www.ghostguns.com

They have complete kits with 80% lowers but also offer lower parts kits, slides, etc. They should have everything needed.

DP12

Apr 24, 2018
    SoMD
    I am prepared to rot in poly 80 hell for what I have done. :D

Had a bunch of buddies over yesterday and put ~300 rounds of 9mm down range out in the backyard. That little Diplomat kit at 80pbuilder (G26 copy) and the G19 I built last month ran flawlessly with Tula steel cased FMJ.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    How are guys adding serial numbers? Obviously not needed, but fun to have. Lone Wolf will laser engrave before they ship, but not every vendor offers that.

Number & letter punches? Maybe if I practiced a bunch it would look okay. Seems like an art to getting those right. An electro-pencil won't cut it here.

DP12

Apr 24, 2018
    SoMD
    Are they the second gen p80s with the metal rear rails?

All of the rails are metal. On the specs section for the Diplomat (G26) it says:
    Stainless Steel Locking Block Rail System
    Stainless Steel Drop-In Rear Rail Module

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    The only Poly80 frame with plastic rear rails is the original PF940. Everything following that - the PF940C, PF940v2, PF940SC, PF940CL, etc. - all have metal rear rails. The PF940v1 (and v1.5) are pretty distinctive and don't look like the newer frames.

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    The only Poly80 frame with plastic rear rails is the original PF940. Everything following that - the PF940C, PF940v2, PF940SC, PF940CL, etc. - all have metal rear rails. The PF940v1 (and v1.5) are pretty distinctive and don't look like the newer frames.

Saw kits on 80pbuilder.com for under $500. There was an ad on there saying 20% off kits, but it must already be with the 20% off bc price doesn’t change when added to cart or during checkout

CBo

Feb 11, 2018
    Columbia
    they're going to release a p40lc in about a month, so a 19 sized frame that can take a 17 slide, the opposite of a g19x, if you ever had a desire for a 19L format, that would be the ideal situation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom