• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Bushmaster rifle, lets take an AR and make it as ugly as an AK...

BlindJim

Feb 7, 2009
    Cecil County
    My understanding is the Bushmaster is banned period - as it was the gun that Lee Boyd Malvo used. If you have bills of sale or say bills from a gun smith that are prior to banned date I think you will be OK. As far as the onus of proof being on the government that you bought your guns post ban - thats laughable. When the defecation hits the oscillation it will always be up to the gun owner to prove he is within the law.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    My understanding is the Bushmaster is banned period - as it was the gun that Lee Boyd Malvo used. If you have bills of sale or say bills from a gun smith that are prior to banned date I think you will be OK. As far as the onus of proof being on the government that you bought your guns post ban - thats laughable. When the defecation hits the oscillation it will always be up to the gun owner to prove he is within the law.

The federal AWB was from 1994-2004. Malvo taking pot shots was around 2000. Sorry....

Look up thread, and you will see a weird looking "rifle". That thing is what the Bushmaster is referring to in the law.

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama

Incorrect. The Bishmaster that should have been banned was a 1980s era specific model of rifle. The fact that the Sandy Hook shooter supposedly used a Bushmaster branded AR-15 was fresh in the minds of the retards in the General Asylum and they couldn't be bothered to learn the difference.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

Your understanding would be very incorrect since the "Bushmaster Rifle" was on the original regulated firearms list that came out in 1989, while Lee Boyd Malvo went on his shooting spree in 2000.

The rifle that was regulated, and now banned, was manufactured by Gwinn Firearms, long before Bushmaster ever started manufacturing AR style rifles. The Manufacturer ban by MSP is pure horseshit (My apologies to horses)

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Good karma for you doing the right thing.

I think when you move here you have 60 days to get a new drivers license/tags. I know of several peeps who spent months driving around out of state license and tag. Lol

I think a majority of people go "Oh is that what you are supposed to do?" and then continue on giving zero fugs.

HD1200S

May 6, 2013
    Free State?

Every time I hear Maryland's motto I chuckle just a bit. The "Free State" ha, ha, ha. Can you see the humor in it? They should change it to "Gun banning, Sanctuary City promoting, High tax rate, Freedom hating, Crime tolerant, etc. you get the idea.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    Every time I hear Maryland's motto I chuckle just a bit. The "Free State" ha, ha, ha. Can you see the humor in it? They should change it to "Gun banning, Sanctuary City promoting, High tax rate, Freedom hating, Crime tolerant, etc. you get the idea.

The nickname has become ironic. Like Democratic Peoples Republic of Korea.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Good karma for you doing the right thing.

I think when you move here you have 60 days to get a new drivers license/tags. I know of several peeps who spent months driving around out of state license and tag. Lol

I think a majority of people go "Oh is that what you are supposed to do?" and then continue on giving zero fugs.

That is because when they went to register it in Maryland they found out they had to pay the 6% Excise tax on the value of the car.

98Volvo

Apr 18, 2018
    I got a letter the other day advising that they accepted my documentation. Everything is registered. I am legal.

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    The federal AWB was from 1994-2004. Malvo taking pot shots was around 2000. Sorry....

Look up thread, and you will see a weird looking "rifle". That thing is what the Bushmaster is referring to in the law.

He and the kid were terrorising the region in October of 2002.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I would have advised not to say anything to MD SP. They would have no way of knowing when you bought those rifles and unless you committed a crime would never know you had them.

That is advocating breaking the law. And against forum rules.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom