• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    Working on a project. Want to get a spare Ruger MK III 22/45 barrel shortened and threaded. I want to turn it down to a 2" barrel and thread it 1/2x28. Will be adding a suppressor to the end so the cutting and threading needs to be centered properly.

Trying to somewhat duplicate the .22 used by Sylvester Stallone in the movie Assassins.

Can anyone recommend a good Gunsmith/Machinist that can do it?

Dave

hit3961

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 5, 2017
    Working on a project. Want to get a spare Ruger MK III 22/45 barrel shortened and threaded. I want to turn it down to a 2" barrel and thread it 1/2x28. Will be adding a suppressor to the end so the cutting and threading needs to be centered properly.

Trying to somewhat duplicate the .22 used by Sylvester Stallone in the movie Assassins.

Can anyone recommend a good Gunsmith/Machinist that can do it?

Dave
    Buy one with a integrated suppressor

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    Yeah, the bullet travels fine. Doubt you would hit anything at 100yds with it but, I have seen a couple of these fire and were pretty good out to about 15-30 yds. More if you take your time when shooting. Already have a 22/45 Lite I run a can on, just looking for an odd project. Something to toy with at the range or the back yard.

Dave

Semper Noctem

Desk Rabbit
    Aug 9, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Yeah, the bullet travels fine. Doubt you would hit anything at 100yds with it but, I have seen a couple of these fire and were pretty good out to about 15-30 yds. More if you take your time when shooting. Already have a 22/45 Lite I run a can on, just looking for an odd project. Something to toy with at the range or the back yard.

Dave

I'm always quick to recommend ADCO. They do great work at a fair price - and quick.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I'm always quick to recommend ADCO. They do great work at a fair price - and quick.

ADCO won't do Ruger Mks. I need one threaded to and going to Engage first. There's another IP who does this north of Balmer. Name escapes me now.

5.56blaster

Ultimate Member
    I did my own. It's a bull barrel. I only took off enough to thread the can onto it. I then made a thread protector that looked like the original barrel. I can forward pictures if you PM an email. I would never try it on someone else's pistol but it may give you an idea.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Oh, my apologies. I didn't know that. I assumed they would since they drilled and tapped my MkIII for an under barrel rail.
    Last time I checked, about a year ago, they said no mk IIIs. Things must have changed.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    I'd call doc Harren (Ijamsville) and tim Hafer ( Hagerstown) both do great work. Not sure of their backlog or pricing though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom