• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rafael

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 28, 2013
    Anyone know if I can legally sell an AR15 to someone in VA if I have a MD drivers license? Thanks in advance.

rafael

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 28, 2013
    You'll have to go thru an FFL to make the sale.
    Thanks for your response. Why the heck would I be able to sell the gun in MD w/o any checks or an FFL, and I cannot sell it to someone in VA that has more gun friendly laws? That make absolutely no sense. If I was a MD lawmaker... doesn't it make more sense to get the gun out of the state. Seems very dumb.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    Thanks for your response. Why the heck would I be able to sell the gun in MD w/o any checks or an FFL, and I cannot sell it to someone in VA that has more gun friendly laws? That make absolutely no sense. If I was a MD lawmaker... doesn't it make more sense to get the gun out of the state. Seems very dumb.

needing to go thru a ffl in the buyer's state has nothing to do with maryland's laws, it's federal.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County

That's federal law on transactions between residents of 2 different states.
    As for selling in Maryland unless it's an HBAR you can't sell it here anymore, and before October 1, 2013 it had to be transferred at an FFL or at an MSP barracks.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Yes you can but you have to ship the weapon from a ffl here in maryland to the buyer's ffl in va.

There is no Federal requirement that the firearm be shipped from an FFL. It must go to an FFL in the buyer's state. Some FFL's will accept a shipment from a private citizen. Some won't. Check with the receiving FFL to find out the policy.

rafael

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 28, 2013
    needing to go thru a ffl in the buyer's state has nothing to do with maryland's laws, it's federal.
    OK, that makes sense b/c it crosses state lines. I guess I could list in on vaguntraders and drive it to their FFL.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Really? That could have saved me a lot of money in the past.
    Learned something new!

I've done it with a pistol in Pennsylvania.
    Also you can ship it yourself to an FFL if the FFL will accept shipment from a non FFL holder, some will do it and some won't, you'd need to make arrangements with the FFL first.

rafael

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 28, 2013
    I've done it with a pistol in Pennsylvania.
    Also you can ship it yourself to an FFL if the FFL will accept shipment from a non FFL holder, some will do it and some won't, you'd need to make arrangements with the FFL first.

Thanks to Everyone for your replies.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    OK, that makes sense b/c it crosses state lines. I guess I could list in on vaguntraders and drive it to their FFL.

yep there is also vagunforum.net (or might be .com, i forget) that has a classified section.

i think armslist has local sections?

or you could bring down to the next chantilly show (thenationsgunshow.com) and walk around and try to sell there, BUT you definitely have to have a FFL at the show do all the transfer/paperwork. no gun show 'loophole' for out of staters.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Really? That could have saved me a lot of money in the past.
    Learned something new!

Ask the FFL beforehand. Some accept dropoffs from sellers. Others will only accept shipments from other FFLs before doing a transfer. Their shop. Their rules.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    I recommend keeping your AR-15 if it's not an HBAR. Two gives you a spare if one lower croaks. One leaves you SOL if the lower croaks. Try to get funds another way. Before long, you'll probably wish you hadn't sold it if you stay in MD.

pwoolford

AR15's make me :-)
    Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh
    I recommend keeping your AR-15 if it's not an HBAR. Two gives you a spare if one lower croaks. One leaves you SOL if the lower croaks. Try to get funds another way. Before long, you'll probably wish you hadn't sold it if you stay in MD.

I was thinking this too. Maybe sell the upper now for some $ but put the lower away for a future generation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom