• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    I bought 500 rds silver bear to shot in my cz 82. I don’t shoot this gun often but over 8 or somyears it has been perfectly fine. Is even JHP. Reasonable, functioning.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    If you shoot at an indoor range, verify they will or will not take bimetal jacketed (Wolf, tulamo, brown bear, silver bear, red army).
    Other than what I have reloaded, I use Herters or PPU. the bimetal russian stuff seems to be dirtier. Plus the powder seems faster and gives more recoil (Especially in the blowback pistols) which is not welcome in my P64.

WatTyler

Ultimate Member
    I might be mistaken, but I'm not aware of a brand of 9x18 ammunition that doesn't shoot well. The overwhelming majority of 9x18 pistols are ex-military or ex-police, and are (judging from my Mak, CZ-82 and P-83, anyway) well-engineered and incredibly tolerant. And tough. I buy based on price, freight and what I've got in the bank, unless it's a range that does magnet tests, for which I just bought a load of PPU to join the witch's brew of magnetic ammunition that I've accumulated. It all goes bang.

K-43

West of Morning Side
    Oct 20, 2010
    PG
    Red Army Steel cased and Blazer Aluminum cased have been good in CZ and Mak for me. Red Army has large packs fairly cheap. This is one of those rounds I don't shoot often and couldn't' save money nor improve by reloading.

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    I have a couple boxes of Wolf Gold JHP that I really like. I have so much S&B from years back that I-m reluctant to invest in a case. But if I was looking for more" I might look for Wolf Gold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom