Wait.. What? IWI GALIL ACE 7.62x39mm Now Legal in MD?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Never been banned as a copy. It has significant parts and design differences from the Galil AR and ARM.

It does, however, come with a folding stock and FH, so you need to pull the FH.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    I have 2 in 5,56MM and 308.
    Had them for at least 2 years.
    Cash and carry.

Congratulations!

Have you fired the .308 much? How is it as far as weight, recoil, avg moa, etc.?

Yuge Galil fan here; I let one of the earlier .308 ARM’s imported into the US leave my collection six months before Bush, Sr. enacted his import (major face palm but, I did so at the time because it was like carrying a squad weight arm and even battle accuracy at 100 was ... eh) and recently acquired a 5.56 ACE pistol with the folding, um, arm brace.

OP, I am absolutely ECSTATIC to hear y’all can (still) acquire these; I’d be going without a lot of other stuff to snap multiple calibers UP!!! :)

SKIP

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2009
    Glenwood/Glenelg
    Congratulations!

Have you fired the .308 much? How is it as far as weight, recoil, avg moa, etc.?

Yuge Galil fan here; I let one of the earlier .308 ARM’s imported into the US leave my collection six months before Bush, Sr. enacted his import (major face palm but, I did so at the time because it was like carrying a squad weight arm and even battle accuracy at 100 was ... eh) and recently acquired a 5.56 ACE pistol with the folding, um, arm brace.

OP, I am absolutely ECSTATIC to hear y’all can (still) acquire these; I’d be going without a lot of other stuff to snap multiple calibers UP!!! :)

308 is very accurate at 100 yards. The only negative comment is the Md requirement for a brake. The blast is annoying to shooters left and right of my firing position.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    There are less loud brakes out there that can be installed. Compensators are ok too, and they are less loud. Look for a brake (for example on the TTAG review of 30 cal brakes) which is least effective at taming recoil, it will also be less loud. The trade off of course will be more recoil/muzzle rise.

I dont' think IWI puts the brake on for MD compliance. I am pretty sure they do it for functionality since it allows quicker follow up shots.

jrhzn

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 17, 2017
    Hmmm this looks promising

Just looked at this Galil at Duffy's, probably will buy it in the next couple of days... They are expensive suckers! But wow, it felt A+ in my hands, definitely a quality, rugged tool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom