• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Forest

The AR guy
    Jul 13, 2011
    plumb crazy lower?

The one I used is a Bushmaster (standard aluminum)

ETA: My wife is very weight averse, so I set out to build the lightest possible rifle using standard components.

M16 upper is the lightest possible aluminum upper with a set of sights. 14.7" LW barrel is the lightest steel barrel option for a non NFA firearm. CAR stock is the lightest of the adjustables (she's short so we use it mostly collapsed).

To reduce recoil instead going to a heavier buffer I used a PRI Fat Boy gas tube; it smooths out the recoil impulse.

It's a fun carbine.

Last edited:

FI56X45

Sep 7, 2011
    CA
    DROB :: I cant complaint really . i have no experience on other brands . I wanted to build KISS but i cant help my self to adding parts after parts lol

DSG arms has a magpul kit for 99 bucks ( stock kit , moe pistol grip , moe handgaurd ) for 99

Alaskacajun

Aug 30, 2011
    The one I used is a Bushmaster (standard aluminum)

ETA: My wife is very weight averse, so I set out to build the lightest possible rifle using standard components.

M16 upper is the lightest possible aluminum upper with a set of sights. 14.7" LW barrel is the lightest steel barrel option for a non NFA firearm. CAR stock is the lightest of the adjustables (she's short so we use it mostly collapsed).

To reduce recoil instead going to a heavier buffer I used a PRI Fat Boy gas tube; it smooths out the recoil impulse.

It's a fun carbine.

Yeah,mine sits behind the back seat of my GMC truck with a backpack with some survival gear, ammo, and a CMMG .22 kit and ammo. :o

- Clint

Alaskacajun

Aug 30, 2011
    Im guessing that the .50 cal is on a ar lower? If so whats the parts list?

It's a complete Bohica Arms rifle. I bought it used from an ARFcom member a couple of years ago, and have shot probably 250 rounds through it. It weighs 28 lbs... :innocent0

- Clint

DROB

member...
    Jul 25, 2011
    North of the MD border...
    ^ can i see ur current build ? just wondering what kinda handguard u have
    519542.jpg

i'm @ work and don't have any pics of my actual gun, but i bought this exact upper from Midway. I know it's kind of cheating to buy the whole thing, but I got a good deal on it.

coldacre22

Sep 27, 2011
    Baltimore City
    AR1.jpg

Humble beginnings of my first build. CMMG stripped lower w/ CMMG LPK. Bravo co stripped upper. They've got good deals on "handled" stripped uppers. They say that these were used on demo versions/cosmetic blem but mine was in great shape. Comes with ejection port and forward assist parts too.
    16" middy barrel on the way from bcm too, but the rest is still on the drawing board.

I guess I'll need the obligatory foot in my final pic, right?

DROB

member...
    Jul 25, 2011
    North of the MD border...
    View attachment 45904

Humble beginnings of my first build. CMMG stripped lower w/ CMMG LPK. Bravo co stripped upper. They've got good deals on "handled" stripped uppers. They say that these were used on demo versions/cosmetic blem but mine was in great shape. Comes with ejection port and forward assist parts too.
    16" middy barrel on the way from bcm too, but the rest is still on the drawing board.

I guess I'll need the obligatory foot in my final pic, right?
    looks good, and you gotta start somewhere. As for the foot, some do and some don't (as you can see looking through the pic), but to be offcially official it can't hurt.

hishaun84

Designated MD Collector
    Oct 18, 2011
    Annapolis, MD
    JD Machines upper and lower, Magpul goodies, EOTech XPS2-2, some lame generic light/laser combo (but it works for now), and suppressor coming soon. Honestly, I don't really like the EOTech sight. I'm thinking of getting a trijucon ACOG. Anyone out there want to trade plus $$$? haha

Attachments

• photo 2.jpg
      photo 2.jpg
      60.6 KB · Views: 745
    • photo 1.jpg
      photo 1.jpg
      88.9 KB · Views: 744
    • photo 3.jpg
      photo 3.jpg
      82.3 KB · Views: 750
    • photo 4.jpg
      photo 4.jpg
      90 KB · Views: 747

Bart_man

Clinging to gun&religion
    Jan 8, 2011
    Hazzard County
    JD Machines upper and lower, Magpul goodies, EOTech XPS2-2, some lame generic light/laser combo (but it works for now), and suppressor coming soon. Honestly, I don't really like the EOTech sight. I'm thinking of getting a trijucon ACOG. Anyone out there want to trade plus $$$? haha

Looks good.

Educate me on why you don't like the eotech - was gonna buy one

kfrede86

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2010
    St. Marys
    Just put my second AR together.

Spikes lower
    Spikes lpk
    Magpul ctr
    Troy sights
    Bcm 14.5" mid length upper (pinned)
    Spikes BCG
    Troy hand guards

Attachments

• image-3356784929.jpg
      image-3356784929.jpg
      74.4 KB · Views: 688

hishaun84

Designated MD Collector
    Oct 18, 2011
    Annapolis, MD
    Looks good.

Educate me on why you don't like the eotech - was gonna buy one

Well, the biggest thing I don't like about it is how blurry the reticle is. You kind of get used to it and it's a great optic, but I recently used an ACOG and LOVED it! They are a lot more expensive but I was very impressed.

It is a great sight, I just prefer the ACOG.

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    If POF married Fulton...

Here is one of mine I pulled out of the safe for a glamor shot. POF 415 lower married to a Fulton Armory built 24" upper. Chip McCormick 2.5lb single stage trigger, topped with a 3-10x Weaver Extreme (56mm Objective, 30mm tube).

Attachments

• IMG_0957.jpg
      IMG_0957.jpg
      67.1 KB · Views: 603
    • IMG_0958.jpg
      IMG_0958.jpg
      71.1 KB · Views: 606

Kizmit99

May 18, 2011
    Howard Co
    Woody

I know it's probably not everybody's cup-o-tea, but I thought I'd share my AR-15 'woody' build. I'm really pleased with how it turned out...
    Although with its 24" barrel and weighing in at almost 14 pounds it's a bit of a beast.
    AR15-1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom