• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Knuckles

Feb 28, 2012
    Ceciltucky, MD
    Form 4 Individual (AAC 7.62 Supressor)

-Bought sometime towards end of Feb 2016.
    -Transferred to my dealer at the beginning of June 2016.
    -Check cashed: 6/15/2016
    -Approved: 2/3/2017 (I called today)

Now waiting on a call from my dealer to come pick it up.

Pretty much a full year since I paid for it... that is just ridiculous for a sound suppressor for a rifle!

I will be happy when I get it but I do wish I had done 2 at once. I want a 45/9 pistol can but may just wait it out to see if the Hearing Protection Act goes thru.

Pic forthcoming...

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Congratulations! !. The last 2 I picked up were bought first week of January 16 and paperwork came in last Monday. Approved date was 1/21/17 . So that why I bought the rest of mine the silencer shop as it was months faster getting them. Still waiting on 1 more from January 16.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    A year is just ridiculous:sad20:

Actually it would be about 8 months if it had been bought locally. The additional time was for the form 3 transfer.
    But I do agree way too long. I have a couple form 1's in purgatory. One from June and the other from the Fourth of July. I tried to do one more right before the 13th but that was when the online system went down.
    I have a form 4 in from dec which I figure August to sept.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Actually it would be about 8 months if it had been bought locally. The additional time was for the form 3 transfer.
    But I do agree way too long. I have a couple form 1's in purgatory. One from June and the other from the Fourth of July. I tried to do one more right before the 13th but that was when the online system went down.

Ah yeah, didn't take that into account. I did a silencershop purchase in june. F3 and f4 supposedly simultaneous. So that'd lead me to believe my what is almost up :ohnoes:

Knuckles

Feb 28, 2012
    Ceciltucky, MD

I DID buy local... Maryland Quartermaster in Fallston MD is more local than silencershop.com if you ask me.

Yeah I waited for them to have it transferred to them on a form 3 but all my $ stayed with a local gun shop in MD

And it was a year and that's BS in my opinion.

Next time I will definitely try to find a shop with it in stock.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    Form 4 Individual (AAC 7.62 Supressor)

-Bought sometime towards end of Feb 2016.
    -Transferred to my dealer at the beginning of June 2016.
    -Check cashed: 6/15/2016
    -Approved: 2/3/2017 (I called today)

Now waiting on a call from my dealer to come pick it up.

Pretty much a full year since I paid for it... that is just ridiculous for a sound suppressor for a rifle!

I will be happy when I get it but I do wish I had done 2 at once. I want a 45/9 pistol can but may just wait it out to see if the Hearing Protection Act goes thru.

Pic forthcoming...

Oh nice! I have two I'm waiting on that cashed within a couple weeks of yours. Mine were on a trust though, which has traditionally been a little slower. I'm hopeful that I'll see them in March.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    I DID buy local... Maryland Quartermaster in Fallston MD is more local than silencershop.com if you ask me.

Yeah I waited for them to have it transferred to them on a form 3 but all my $ stayed with a local gun shop in MD

I think he meant buy local and IN STOCK. Meaning no form 3.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham

I think he meant buy local and IN STOCK. Meaning no form 3.

Yup. that is what I meant. Thanks P5. :thumbsup:

I turned down an Obsidian before the 41F rush hit from a local source. He said he was waiting for more and would have them soon. Well they called me yesterday that they had just gotten ONE in stock. It took them a year to get it including the F3 from the manufacturer. I jumped on it, so dont ask... :D.
    I guess it will be almost winter again before I see it....

jmike1487

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2013
    Baltimore County
    Alrighty this is gonna be a long post.

I called on Monday to see if my stamp was approved and was told I needed to speak to someone about my trust. I left a voicemail for the lady that I needed to talk to and she said I needed to submit my schedule A,B,C to complete the approval process. I contacted my trust attorney and he sent some info to pass along to her that I didn't need to send in those forms.

He sent me this " To clarify, I am not required to have a Schedule B or a Schedule C under Maryland Law. If I do not have a Schedule B or Schedule C, the Trust specifies what is to take place. I have copied the relevant sections of the NFA Trust below. Maryland law controls if I do not have a Schedule B or Schedule C (Successor Beneficiaries).

Please refer to Article 2 of the NFA Trust, specifically Section 2.02 which discusses Schedule B.
    Section 2.02 Trustee Succession
    The following subsections describe who I name to serve as Trustee during my incapacity and after my death
    (a) My Incapacity Trustee
    During any time that I am incapacitated I name those listed in Schedule B attached hereto, if any, in the order named to serve as my Successor Trustee. To be effective, Schedule B must be signed and dated by me.
    If there is no Schedule B, or if those listed are unable or unwilling to serve, the following shall serve as my successor Trustee in the order named:
    the Trustee of my revocable living trust;
    then my Agent under my General Durable Power of Attorney;
    and then my Guardian appointed by a Court.
    (b) My Death Trustee
    Upon my death, I name those listed in Schedule B attached hereto, if any, in the order named to serve as my Successor Trustee. To be effective, Schedule B must be signed and dated by me.
    If there is no Schedule B, or if those listed are unable or unwilling to serve, the following shall serve as my successor Trustee in the order named:
    the Trustee of my revocable living trust;
    and then the Personal Representative nominated in my Will or appointed by a Court if I have no Will.

Please refer to Article 5 of the NFA Trust, specifically Section 5.01 which discusses Schedule C Successor Beneficiaries, which have NO powers.
    Article Five
    Distribution of Remainder
    Section 5.01 Distributions to Beneficiaries
    My Trustee shall distribute my remaining trust property according to Schedule C attached hereto, if any. To be effective, Schedule C must be signed and dated by me.
    If there is no Schedule C, or if there is no Schedule C beneficiary able or willing to take the distribution, my Trustee shall distribute my remaining trust property under the terms of my applicable Dispositive Document, if any.
    Dispositive Document refers either to my revocable living trust and Pour Over Will, if any, or in the alternative to my Last Will and Testament, if any, the dispositive provisions of which are incorporated and integrated herein as if set out in full. In case of inconsistency, the dispositive provisions of my revocable living trust, then my Pour Over Will, then my Last Will and Testament, in that order, control. This trust document controls as to the requirements of transferring firearms in compliance with applicable law.
    If incorporation and integration of my dispositive provisions are not permitted by law, or if a conflict is present, my Trustee, in its sole and absolute discretion, may follow the direction of the fiduciary appointed under my controlling dispositive document or by a court of competent jurisdiction to distribute trust assets as my Trustee deems reasonable and to accomplish my intent.
    If at any time there is no person or entity qualified to receive final distribution of my trust estate or any part of it under my trust, I direct that the portion of the trust estate with respect to which the failure of qualified recipients has occurred be distributed according to the laws of intestacy of the State of Maryland."

The person processing my application sent me this in reply " thank you".

Here's hoping that worked.

Doug33w

Aug 22, 2010
    Sykesville, MD
    Has any one seen a long wait from the time their stamp was approved to the time the dealer recieves it?

I ordered my suppressor through Silencer Shop & according to the ATF my form 4 was approved December 22nd. The dealer I had my suppressor told me as aof two weeks ago he still had not recieved my paperwork? I've also e-mailed the dealer several times in the past 2 weeks and I have recieved no response but that may be a subject for a new thread.

94hokie

Mar 29, 2015
    Severna Park, MD
    Has any one seen a long wait from the time their stamp was approved to the time the dealer recieves it?

I ordered my suppressor through Silencer Shop & according to the ATF my form 4 was approved December 22nd. The dealer I had my suppressor told me as aof two weeks ago he still had not recieved my paperwork? I've also e-mailed the dealer several times in the past 2 weeks and I have recieved no response but that may be a subject for a new thread.

Ive seen it take as much as 3 weeks

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    FYI: I just called the NFA Branch to check on my Form 4 (Trust). My check was cashed June 2nd and my form is still pending. The lady told me they are still working on Forms from the 2nd week of May.
    Don't know if she was just speculating, but I figured I would share the info.

tkd4life

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2010
    Southern Maryland
    FYI: I just called the NFA Branch to check on my Form 4 (Trust). My check was cashed June 2nd and my form is still pending. The lady told me they are still working on Forms from the 2nd week of May.

Yep that makes sense. I've called twice in the last 3 weeks or so and I'm still pending with a check cash date of June 1. The wait time is growing by the day.

BusaJ52

Jul 13, 2016
    Cecil
    I will say this after reading the other thread, I have not had one hiccup with Silencer shop and i used the kiosk at BBPAWN eairlier this month.

Order placed * 8/28/16

Form 3 approved * 10/13/16

Suppressor delivered to dealer * 10/19/16

Check cashed * 10/25/16

Form 4 approval * PENDING :o

Hopefully I get lucky next month...

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    Hopefully I get lucky next month...

I hate to say it, but if you got a Form 4 approved from October, that would be the world speed record for the past year or two.

ATF is currently processing Trust Form 4s from May, so I wouldn't hold your breath just yet.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I hate to say it, but if you got a Form 4 approved from October, that would be the world speed record for the past year or two.

ATF is currently processing Trust Form 4s from May, so I wouldn't hold your breath just yet.

I'm going to get my 3 SBR stamps (that I submitted in December) at the end of this month. I figure 75 days should be long enough....

:rolleyes:

Yep, that and CNN will fall in love with President Trump. :thumbsup:

cokebuck

Don't Re-Member
    Apr 1, 2016

The Hell?
    She said the same thing when I called a month ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom