• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    The National Shooting Sports Federation is ending its run as the governing body of the Rimfire Challenge as of 1/1/2018. They successfully expanded it to the point that that this year's World Championship had a record 312 shooters, almost double what it was drawing during the time Ruger ran it.
    They are turning it over to the 2 surviving persons of the three who founded it a decade ago, Michael Bane of Outdoor TV, Ken Jorgensen recently retired from Ruger, and the late Nelson Dymond of Smith and Wesson.

ivwarrior

Jul 20, 2010
    I read a post by Michael saying that Mechanical was going to be coming back as a division, instead of the current "special recognition" within the 2 divisions. Looking forward to see what other positive changes they'll make after getting control. I'm hoping they soon have something up about sanctioning for 2018 matches, as well. Would like to run the PA State Championship again.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Mike told me the only difference for 2018 will be the people you talk to about sanctioning a rimfire challenge match (Ken Jorgensen). I am assuming the PA State match will still be in Lewistown. Personally I would like to see it go back to a larger venue like Ontelaunee (venue in 2011) or maybe York IWLA. But they probably don't have any holes in their shooting schedules. I told Mike that they should have the Mechanical/Cowboy on their own squad day on Friday. That way they could also shoot Open or Limited on the weekend if they choose to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom