• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    You and me both. I used to enjoy it, now I have decided it may not be worth it. My best friend got hit with a salt shaker thrown from a car.That could have been much worse if it was a beer bottle or something else.

Damn Parrotheads

Seriously, sorry for your friend being assaulted and injured.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I really like fishing off the Route 50 bridge after midnight but I hate the idea of worrying about getting held up by the Suitland mafia.

If your ever there and you see some teens using a cast net, that's gonna be me and my kids.

We are rarely there however after midnight as we usually park over by hoopers.

We were there last year when the "kick the can" crew was out. Not too many people I think will mess with a fisherman on the bridge with a 12" filet knife on his belt though.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Just heard on the radio that a rip current pulled a swimmer and two lifeguards into the Inlet channel yeaterday where they were rescued by the Coast Guard.

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    Fingers crossed. Our reservation is from 8/12 to 8/19.
    Fresh shrimp are coming out of the woodwork in mid/late August down there. Once you eat shrimp that were swimming a few hours prior, you will not look at shrimp the same again.

So very true!

My uncle retired from the US Merchant Marines and had a small shrimping operation out of Houma in Louisiana. I would visit with him during the summers. Long days but great eating!!

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE

KevinK

Ultimate Member
    Jun 24, 2008
    Carroll County, Md
    Very disturbing news. Obviously, this is prime vacation time. No way her body was buried accidentally.

Edit: and I may stand corrected. Just heard a bit on the radio that the woman was from out of state, got separated from her group, and that preliminary findings point to an accidental death.

Buried with just a forearm and hand showing? Doesn't sound too accidental to me, and that scene from Creepshow comes to mind.

th

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    If she was down next to the water, would the higher tide cause the water to shift the sand around?

I know holes the kids dig close to the water get filled with sand as the water rolls in.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    Weapons and Weed bust

Princess Anne thugs busted in Salisbury with some weed a loaded 9mm and the numbers wiped. Held without bond according to WGMD. Turning into a real nice place the more people show up. I wonder what all that will ever turn into for that bunch.

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    Just heard on the radio that a rip current pulled a swimmer and two lifeguards into the Inlet channel yeaterday where they were rescued by the Coast Guard.
    No, the drunk jumped into the inlet and the 2 lifeguards went in after him. Then all 3 started getting pulled out to sea by the constant rip current that runs through there. They had warned him already not to go into the inlet from the jetty but his beer muffs prevented the idiot from understanding that and he almost got himself and 2 guards killed.

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland

Attachments

• 20526063_343747362727305_6897683624303441054_n[1].jpg
      20526063_343747362727305_6897683624303441054_n[1].jpg
      131.5 KB · Views: 118

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads