Old February 23rd, 2021, 02:34 PM #151
PlumberEd PlumberEd is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Taneytown
Posts: 43
PlumberEd PlumberEd is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Taneytown
Posts: 43
Congrats
PlumberEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2021, 02:59 PM #152
aprosams aprosams is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 8
aprosams aprosams is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 8
Awesome. Congrats
aprosams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2021, 03:47 PM #153
TWM TWM is online now
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Howard Co
Posts: 36
TWM TWM is online now
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Howard Co
Posts: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallen702 View Post
Saying "coal" I assume you mean Mineral Rights as it's usually one solid package. If that's the case and you don't have the ability to track them down and buy them back, you're subject to them being sold or licensed to a fracking company which is far more realistic an issue for you than deep mining at this time, especially if you're located over the Marcellus Shale.
That’s a good point. I just double checked the deed, and it’s specific to “coal”. There’s no mention of any other mineral rights not conveying. Wonder how that would be interpreted. And looking at most maps of the Marcellus Shale, we’re just outside the zone. It looks like most of the activity is further west in the state. Fingers crossed that it stays there!
TWM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2021, 09:47 PM #154
tallen702's Avatar
tallen702 tallen702 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: In the boonies of MoCo
Posts: 3,216
tallen702 tallen702 is offline
Senior Member
tallen702's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: In the boonies of MoCo
Posts: 3,216
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWM View Post
That’s a good point. I just double checked the deed, and it’s specific to “coal”. There’s no mention of any other mineral rights not conveying. Wonder how that would be interpreted. And looking at most maps of the Marcellus Shale, we’re just outside the zone. It looks like most of the activity is further west in the state. Fingers crossed that it stays there!
If it specifically and only states coal, then you're likely good. Probably a modified version of a standard mineral rights that was less expensive for the speculators that bought the rights.
tallen702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2021, 09:39 AM #155
Pushrod's Avatar
Pushrod Pushrod is offline
Master Blaster
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: WV High Country
Posts: 2,766
Pushrod Pushrod is offline
Master Blaster
Pushrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: WV High Country
Posts: 2,766
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallen702 View Post
If it specifically and only states coal, then you're likely good. Probably a modified version of a standard mineral rights that was less expensive for the speculators that bought the rights.
When we purchased our acreage up near MPC, we got timber and mineral rights thanks to the work of the previous owners who were going to build the ski resort. Not that there would be any gas drilling up on a mountainside.
__________________
My novels available through Permuted Press publishing company on Amazon.com:
The Zombie Virus
The Children of the Damned
Pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2021, 08:53 PM #156
GTOGUNNER's Avatar
GTOGUNNER GTOGUNNER is offline
IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Carroll County!
Posts: 4,501
GTOGUNNER GTOGUNNER is offline
IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
GTOGUNNER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Carroll County!
Posts: 4,501
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushrod View Post
When we purchased our acreage up near MPC, we got timber and mineral rights thanks to the work of the previous owners who were going to build the ski resort. Not that there would be any gas drilling up on a mountainside.

My property has a gas well. You would probably be surprised where they might drill. Luckily, I have free gas once I build a home.


Sent from an undisclosed location.
__________________
“All I can tell you is, Mr. Beretta said ‘There always seems to be a problem with Maryland'. ”

South vs. Maryland and Warren v. District of Columbia
GTOGUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2021, 08:55 PM #157
gwchem gwchem is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: SoMD
Posts: 2,031
gwchem gwchem is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: SoMD
Posts: 2,031
The property I'm looking at ran into some squatters issues. That'll slow things down a bit.
gwchem is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2021, 09:14 PM #158
TWM TWM is online now
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Howard Co
Posts: 36
TWM TWM is online now
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Howard Co
Posts: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwchem View Post
The property I'm looking at ran into some squatters issues. That'll slow things down a bit.
Can you explain a bit? I’ve heard stories about people using vacant land for years with out the owners permission/knowledge, and then having some sort of legal claim when owners attempt to sale. But I’ve never been sure if those are true or just rumors.
TWM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2021, 09:20 PM #159
135sohc 135sohc is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 806
135sohc 135sohc is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 806
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWM View Post
Can you explain a bit? I’ve heard stories about people using vacant land for years with out the owners permission/knowledge, and then having some sort of legal claim when owners attempt to sale. But I’ve never been sure if those are true or just rumors.
Look up "Adverse possession".
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by teratos View Post
If you vote Democrat and are in favor of gun rights you are either stupid or delusional.
2.39 1-20-2021
135sohc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2021, 09:30 PM #160
Tungsten Tungsten is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Elkridge, Gerrymanderland
Posts: 4,154
Tungsten Tungsten is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Elkridge, Gerrymanderland
Posts: 4,154
Squatters rights are akin to civil asset forfeiture as some of the dumbest things ever allowed by law.
__________________
18 USC 242
Tungsten is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

  Home Page > Forum List > The Neighborhood > West Virginia


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2019, Congregate Media, LP Privacy Policy Terms of Service