• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I asked him what takes 90 days? He explained that NICS is only a small part of the process, they do database checks of local arrest history, court records, mental health records check among others. I'm a resident, not sure if non-resident apps are different.

I wish on their web page, they would publish an explaination of the process and maybe a daily or weekly ticker indicating latest date completed. I think that might make their life a little easier.

. NACI doesn't take that long, even if you use broadest possible domestic or protective orders. It does NOT include credit, employment, education, character checks. Nor, contrary to what you were told, including include checking any medical records unless a) you were some how adjudicated on mental health , or b) you check off #17 box saying you have non-adjudicated mental health problems.

In short all of it is computerized and none of it involves any correspondence back and forth.

The only correspondence back and forth for verification would be verification of your training. And the now abandoned "good cause."

If you took different training than DC's certified courses, ok, they may have to chase that up and may have to make a subjective determination.

But if you took DC's training, and are not making a "good cause" claim there is no way that anything they are doing would take more than 15 to 30 days. The 90 days could have in the past be said to be needed to show and investigate good cause, or some health related thing you checked off yourself.

Again I think this is obvious this is foot dragging. I do not think it is the guys and gals at the MPD office, but direction from above to make it take as long as possible.

This intentional foot dragging is nothing new. In DC if you apply for a revision of your property tax assessment, if they refuse they will tell you in 20, 30, 40 days. If they are going to rule in your favor they do it exactly on the 90th day

Kanly

Feb 15, 2012
    Washington, DC
    I did in the past and it was fine. Now they are asking for it.

I did figure out that it's just the EIN for whatever manufacturer you're registering.

Good to know they just continue to make up their own way of doing things and continuously contradict what they've done in the past.

Sig Sauer isn't good enough -- now they need to have 02-0528156 there too -- lol.

Longhorse

MSI Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 8, 2021
    In regards to the current DC CCW application, does it need to be electronically signed, or is a wet ink signature acceptable?

9mmkungfu

Dec 26, 2021
    Good to know they just continue to make up their own way of doing things and continuously contradict what they've done in the past.

Sig Sauer isn't good enough -- now they need to have 02-0528156 there too -- lol.
    100%. Ridiculous!

Kanly

Feb 15, 2012
    Washington, DC
    In regards to the current DC CCW application, does it need to be electronically signed, or is a wet ink signature acceptable?
    I found the electronic version of the form to be a real pain to work with but I liked having everything typed out instead of written.

I believe I did try to sign electronically but when I printed out copies for me to take with me there was no e-signature so I just signed them with ink.

Georges2nd

Aug 30, 2022
    Upper marlboro
    I found the electronic version of the form to be a real pain to work with but I liked having everything typed out instead of written.

I believe I did try to sign electronically but when I printed out copies for me to take with me there was no e-signature so I just signed them with ink.
    I had to re fill my 219 by hand. Hope they can read my handwriting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom