• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • W2D

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2015
    Escaped MD for FL
    Bill somebody, station manager on WBAL-TV was on this morning saying ‘congress could fix this‘.
    What a complete load of horseshyt.

The worst is most of that broadcast area is probably agreeing with him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    When the 'politicians' solve murders in Baltimore, I will listen to their solutions.

I like walks on the beach and Chocolate.

cowboy321

Apr 21, 2009
    A big hello to the MS community. Thought i'd start things off with a hypothetical question for my first post. We all know of the recent, (and sadly repeating) news cycle involving criminal multiple murder shootings and the resulting threat to lawful gun owners and our 2nd amendment rights. This cycle includes all the typical calls for banning this, going after that, why someone needs so and so, these shouldn't be in the hands of....., so on and so forth. Today a question popped up in my head, as a Maryland non business owner resident who has no conceivable chance of acquiring a carry permit, would I give up my right to own certain types of the evil bad black kind of weapons in exchange for the implementation of national constitutional carry rights? the question bothered me some as my immediate thought was no way, "give an inch they'll take a mile", but as the day wore on and the thought of waking up tomorrow with the fully recognized right to bear and carry in public with no restrictions and few if any gun free zones I admit to feeling quite uneasy that I might could be convinced to make the deal. So the question is Would You? or Would you not? Again, not a proposition just a hypothetical question if the option was on the table.

The Md legislature will never allow open carry as public policy. If they do a ride to downtown Baltimore would be really interesting... So, move to Virginia if u want a pistol in your blue jeans....

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    It’s a fun thought proposal but it’s not something we will have to worry about because we will never be able to barter with the DNC. With Trump leading the charge, the DNC will get an assault weapon ban without having to give up anything. Once that is complete, they will go after some other right we have (probably magazines or registration) and the cycle will repeat itself.

The DNC has absolutely never compromised on guns while the RNC is always willing. This is why we need to never compromise. We have already lost so much and it will be a struggle just to restore some of our rights. We are on the defensive much more than the offensive and we only have ourselves to blame. We elect buffoon politicians like Trump to office who are more concerned with their polling numbers than they are with the rights of the individual. The mob will always turn on us after mass shootings and it only takes one time to enact a law. Once a law is in place, it never goes away no matter how much of a failure it is (Looking at you social security).

And that is why we do not compromise. Every single group that has given up a right to the US federal government has only created a slippery slope where more and more gets chipped away at over time. Don’t let it happen again.

W2D

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2015
    Escaped MD for FL
    Need to start educating some young people in preparation to run for office when they get mature enough. I have these conversations with my daughter, and think she could eventually do some good. She’s learning to fight the liberal college dogma fairly well right now. Time will tell.

Sent from my iBunker using Tapatalk Pro

marc0nline

Mar 24, 2019
    Southern Maryland
    The problem is that we have so many laws that do little to nothing, but hinder law abiding citizens. And every time sometime happens they forget about the laws on the books and want to make more laws that do nothing to affect change that would have stopped the incident in question, just to say, "See I did something!" Only to have more ineffectual laws the next time something happens. You give a pound of flesh with the FAR Left and you'll find yourself 50 pound dead before its all over with them standing over your body asking for just one more pound. So my answer is FVCK NO!

SigZag

Aug 4, 2019
    Rockville
    What analogy?
    Well considering the question of the thread and your response I figured I was the squirrel, the deck rail was carry rights, the sun was the ever present threat of loss of rights. There I was laying on the rail content that I now had the right to carry not realizing I'd burned my own nuts.

brucaru

Sep 14, 2011
    As gun owners we have already given up too much.With every new gun legislation the grabbers promise safety but deliver nothing except more infringement of our rights.If all of the feel good laws would have had any effect upon crime, then Baltimore would be one of the safest cities in America. The GOAL of the the grabbers is to eliminate our right to bear arms. And whenever I hear a politician or anyone else say I'm a hunter and I support more legislation I immediately stop listening because the 2A has nothing to do with hunting!

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    As gun owners we have already given up too much.With every new gun legislation the grabbers promise safety but deliver nothing except more infringement of our rights.If all of the feel good laws would have had any effect upon crime, then Baltimore would be one of the safest cities in America. The GOAL of the the grabbers is to eliminate our right to bear arms. And whenever I hear a politician or anyone else say I'm a hunter and I support more legislation I immediately stop listening because the 2A has nothing to do with hunting!

Always remember:
    Hunting is the privilege regulated by the state.
    The 2A is a fundemental right.

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    Look we are making this too hard. Land of the free, home of the brave. Not land of regulations, home of the safe zone.

Make prison stick. Keep the bad people away. Quit penalizing everyone for the .01 percent. I don't want to live in a jail like society. Society has a problem with morality. Laws won't fix the culture creep.

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    Look we are making this too hard. Land of the free, home of the brave. Not land of regulations, home of the safe zone.

Make prison stick. Keep the bad people away. Quit penalizing everyone for the .01 percent. I don't want to live in a jail like society. Society has a problem with morality. Laws won't fix the culture creep.

yep. Agree +1:thumbsup:

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Not me , Op you do know you can send in more tax money as well just to help the Government . I want less government and less control , if someone could please tell me what government gets right as of late regardless of who is in power .

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    No. I'm also not for a national ccw, unless you make it the equivalent to Constitutional Carry. Permits (permission) from a state is AN infringement.

HaveBlue

HaveBlue
    Dec 4, 2014
    Virginia
    I once thought along the same lines as the OP. I wondered what sort of compromise would work. Our republic was based on and works because great men were able to do just that.

Unfortunately, I’ve come to the conclusion that for them, there is truly no place where it’s acceptable for you to possess a gun. There are no types of guns that are acceptable either.

A few years ago I would’ve thought that BCs for ammo would be so ridiculous to implement that no compromise seeking lefty would propose it. At least not with a straight face. Now I wonder how long it will take MD to require background checks for ammo?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    adamc904

Latest threads

Top Bottom