• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    OK, fine. NFA them. But make the NFA process cost the buyer $1, and require the ATF to issue the tax stamp on demand, following the very same instant background check that the grabbers are insisting would work just fine for face to face sales at gun shows. Oh, and by the way that would apply to suppressors and other listed items, making them cash and carry for $1. OK, I'd go to $2.

Because we need another bloated, inaccurate Federal gun registry so freakin' much...

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Because we need another bloated, inaccurate Federal gun registry so freakin' much...

My point, if the sarcasm was too subtle, was that we keep hearing from the left about how there's no reason everything can't be checked instantaneously. OK then, put up or shut up, and explain why the background check for a rimfire suppressor takes the better part of a year AND comes with a $200 tax for every item, even if they're all being background checked at the very same time.

ed bernay

Feb 18, 2011
    My point, if the sarcasm was too subtle, was that we keep hearing from the left about how there's no reason everything can't be checked instantaneously. OK then, put up or shut up, and explain why the background check for a rimfire suppressor takes the better part of a year AND comes with a $200 tax for every item, even if they're all being background checked at the very same time.

And don't they only use NICS anyway, the same database used when buying a firearm at a gunshop?

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    What Trump and Conservative pundits need to do is publicly ask the Democrat politicians is if they want to ban “assault weapons”, do they propose the ban for the tens of millions of weapons already owned by law abiding citizens.

the last assault weapon ban was both grandfathered (did not confiscate) and was sunsetted )law lapsed after ten years.

The next one will be neither. As far as what lies, obfuscation or intentional gradualism different democrats plan it makes no difference since they are working a long game.

ed bernay

Feb 18, 2011
    the last assault weapon ban was both grandfathered (did not confiscate) and was sunsetted )law lapsed after ten years.

The next one will be neither. As far as what lies, obfuscation or intentional gradualism different democrats plan it makes no difference since they are working a long game.

They don't want to answer these questions publicly because they know it cost them the congressional election in 1994. Trump needs to remind voters how authoritarian Democrat presidential candidates really are.

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    If the gun control movement had a clue, they would absolutely try to do this, and I rather suspect it could pass in the current political climate ("it's just a tax and a background check, why are you so upset?"). Fortunately (unfortunately?), they're not quite sophisticated enough to pursue this as a strategy yet because they're too fixated on the UK and Australia rather than continental Europe. A "register or buyback" scheme would definitely net tons of guns, even if registration was free. Doubly so in states like MD that have some records of what you bought.

firstly there is no gun control movement nor gun control membership organizations. These are highly professional fronts. No gun ocntorl 'group" has more than 1,00 paying members.

There is only one large national membership organization a million or more members) involved and that is the NRA.

And the gun control lobby is not really "fixated" on anything. They demonstrate a very savvy probing of what can get traction. if you will remember they all started off as handgun ban lobbies.

Everything will depend on the election. if they get the white house they will go for a HUGE menu and despite us thinking "that can't happen' I suggest people look at Calguns archives from ten years ago and see that pretty much everything that people there were saying was "not going to happen" happened. And how pointless people just blurting "shall not be infringed" was.

As far as the answer of what will they do, they have an entire menu, and they will do everything they can get away with. some state wide, some nationally (and with court appointments if they get the white house deeply affecting both).

if Trump loses the White House it will be 12:4 federal court appointments for the 4 least presidential terms affecting about 800 federal judgeships. wondering about how strongly pro-2A Kavanauh is will be irrelevant if the Dems get one more on the court and simply REVERSE Heller and mcdonald.

Ten blue shall issue CCW states will go may issue.
    Total ban of prior defined auto rifles
    Total ban of all semi auto rifles later
    more restrictions on handguns, eg national microstamp.
    Registry of all guns
    Rescinding civil suit protection for gun makers and FFLs
    CDC funding to develop a mass of peer reviewed science to use in court cases against the 2A
    Extending national gun free zones beyond schools
    Major new taxes on firearms and ammo.
    Eventual copy of Australian system (prove a need for any gun, no semi auot or handguns, not even revolvers at all)

ed bernay

Feb 18, 2011
    It is my understanding that it has been held by SCOTUS that the government is not obligated to protect individuals from violence; e.g. SCOTUS cases Deshaney v Winnebago and Castle Rock v Gonzalez. Also the average police officer is not a swat level trained gun fighter as the media and Democrat politicians likes to portray them as. That's not a criticism of cops. Its reality that there are a finite amount of resources and time to train public servants every year. Citizens can train to be at least as equally prepared and armed. Here are PAs police officer minimum annual firearms training requirements.

https://mpoetc.psp.pa.gov/training/Pages/Firearms.aspx

Trump, the NRA and conservative tv and radio pundits need to educate the firearms ignorant public about this and that they are responsible for their own safety.

1841DNG

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2016
    I look forward to advancements and cost reductions in metal 3d printing for un-related reasons....

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    One last rant, I hope both the NY Post and NYC are reminded (in the NYSRPA case) that NYC has claimed that it is not obligated to provide individuals with protection from violence while at the same time, advocating that law abiding citizens be disarmed.

And that hasn't made a single dent in the fact that they have the most draconian gun control.

We get confused by the NYSRPA case since it was so profoundly over the top. That case was essentially "you can't realistically go to the range."

NY still has the wed dream of the gun control advocates and has not gotten the core and substantive massive infringement successfully challenged.

We either get another four years of generally pro 2A judicial appointments or four years of the most anit 2A new judges ever. That is the only thing that will matter in NY

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I think we will get our clocks cleaned again , and they will ban high capacity mags. (Drums) or the like . We as gun owners will pay the price of the sins of others . I hope and wish I would be wrong .

I also worry and wonder when more liberal crazies will do things in the name of T-45 under a false flag operation . Lots of crazies out there

AACO_Salami

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 12, 2019
    The issue is, he seems just as onboard with these common sense ideas as they are, especially if he can tie it to a big ticket item like immigration.

tidalwave

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 29, 2019
    The Dayton shooter killed 9 and wounded 27 in 30 seconds. Gun owners will be luck if there is only a high capacity removable magazine ban.

GOG-MD

Aug 23, 2017
    AA County
    A[Maryland]Farmer;5628344 said:
    The issue is, he seems just as onboard with these common sense ideas as they are, especially if he can tie it to a big ticket item like immigration.

I think you're right, unfortunately. He would rather curtail immigration and build the wall than support the 2A rights of gun owners. If push comes to shove, I think I know the path he'll take.

GOG-MD

Aug 23, 2017
    AA County
    I'll go along with a ban on auto loaders when they ban all the cars with automatic transmission that kill thousands of people per year. ;)

Yeah, isn't it strange that libs and the media scream about "gun violence" every time someone gets shot, but don't call it "knife violence" when someone gets stabbed, or "car violence" when someone is intentionally run over, or "fist violence" when someone is beaten to death? And they only call for controlling and banning one of those things. Funny how that works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom