• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CodeWarrior1241

Sep 23, 2013
    Lutherville
    Is from philosophy of Ivan Chesnokov! Is nye kulturny to be using without attribution! Even under Soviets, Russians always to give credit to akademiks and engineers of strong Russian technological sistemas!

Oh yes, that was the original. Haven't seen it in a while

As a former countryman of where Chesnokov appears to be from (garlic? really???) one of the few useful privileges I get is to quote without attribution. It belongs to the народ, the people, and as the Soviet anecdote went, it means that no one owns it anymore

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    Oh yes, that was the original. Haven't seen it in a while

As a former countryman of where Chesnokov appears to be from (garlic? really???) one of the few useful privileges I get is to quote without attribution. It belongs to the народ, the people, and as the Soviet anecdote went, it means that no one owns it anymore

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Forum Rules say otherwise. Always protect MDS first and foremost from copyright issues.

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=56622

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    well I cant wait to see 1 . may be the ne t purchase. also for the people who say it's too expensive of a rd , I have bought it on sale on palmetto for under 14.00 a box shipped free. which is close to the 22 magnum cost. I do wish that ruger would make both a 22 magnum semi again. and a 5.7 as well.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    MAIN POINT OF SELLING BELGIAN FIVE SEVEN PISTOL IS EXTREME PRICE OF WEAPON AND CARTRIDGE.

BELGIAN FIVE SEVEN IS WEAPON OF MAN WHO WEARS EXPENSIVE ITALIAN FASCIST SUIT OF HAND SEWING, DRIVE HUGE EXPENSIVE NAZI MERCEDES OF A.M.G. SHOP, SAIL ON MASSIVE YACHT TO GREEK ISLANDS. I THINK YOU GET PICTURE. BELGIAN FIVE SEVEN IS WEAPON THAT SAYS IS NO SUCH THING AS CONCERN OF MONEY.

FOR MAN WITHOUT EXPENSIVE SUIT, BIG BLACK MERCEDES, AND MASSIVE YACHT, BELGIAN FIVE SEVEN IS FOR PRETENDING OF BE RICH LIKE BLACK GANGSTER OF AMERICAN CITY WITH GOLD CHAINS OF LOW QUALITY AND JEWELS OF COLORED GLASS. WHEN YOU EXPLAIN USE OF BELGIAN FIVE SEVEN PISTOL IS ONLY FOR SHOOT MAN WITH BULLET VEST WITH CARTRIDGE ILLEGAL TO CIVILIAN, THIS MAN HAS NUCLEAR RAGE. WHOLE IDENTITY OF THIS MAN IS SPENT IN PRETEND PISTOL SHOWS HE IS RICH. IS VERY AMUSE.

FOR REST OF WORLD THERE IS 9 MILLIMETERS OF LUGER WHICH IS SAME WOUND FOR COST LESS.

^
    Opted for the keyboard without the shift or capslock keys because it was cheaper as well.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Ditch the thimb safety, add a threaded barrel, and could be fun. The original FN pistol is fun at really long ranges, add a RDS and sight radius is no longer a factor. Most newer rimfire suppressors are rated for 5.7 too, much more compact than center fire pistol cans, and good performance. As fast as a thumb safety, unless it has a stupid good SA trigger, and lacks a trigger paddle, I don't want one.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    So is 9 vs FiveSeven the new 9v40v45 for 2020?
    You can put literally anything out there, and if you hype it enough, you'll find some group on the Internet that thinks it's the new great thing. Even if Gold Dots expand perfectly, it's still only a 40gr .22 bullet running around at ~1750fps. There is a performance limit to what you're going to get simply due to bullet size, which is why the caliber fell out of favor in the first place. In return, you get a grip size that is 50% longer than 9mm.

I'm not saying there are no use cases for 5.7x28 - if you told me a guy with IIIA soft body armor was coming to kill me tomorrow[1], and I'd only have a pistol on me, yes, a pistol that could punch through body armor with the right load would certainly be appealing. But for everything else, I'd rather just have 9mm.

[1] well, in eight days?

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    You can put literally anything out there, and if you hype it enough, you'll find some group on the Internet that thinks it's the new great thing. Even if Gold Dots expand perfectly, it's still only a 40gr .22 bullet running around at ~1750fps. There is a performance limit to what you're going to get simply due to bullet size, which is why the caliber fell out of favor in the first place. In return, you get a grip size that is 50% longer than 9mm.

I'm not saying there are no use cases for 5.7x28 - if you told me a guy with IIIA soft body armor was coming to kill me tomorrow[1], and I'd only have a pistol on me, yes, a pistol that could punch through body armor with the right load would certainly be appealing. But for everything else, I'd rather just have 9mm.

[1] well, in eight days?
    Something to consider is that you can also have 9mm burn through armor with a load like fort scott's 80 gr load. My cz52 can also make lunch of many types of armor. I just personally like 5.7x28 because it's cool. Being flat shooting is also pretty cool for shooting at distance.

CodeWarrior1241

Sep 23, 2013
    Lutherville

KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    I know that I am late to this party, but just happened to catch a video about it. My question is if it will be available in MD since it ships with 20 rd magazines or if there are FFLs (an IP hopefully) who would be willing to sell it without the magazines.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I know that I am late to this party, but just happened to catch a video about it. My question is if it will be available in MD since it ships with 20 rd magazines or if there are FFLs (an IP hopefully) who would be willing to sell it without the magazines.

Or, better yet, block the mags

ihriec

Aug 10, 2013

It looks like they sell a 10 round version for states like Maryland. Most likely they just block the magazines but good to be sure before buying.

My understanding of state law in Maryland (and I am not expert) is that I can't purchase with a magazine > 10 rounds. Oddly, it is not illegal to possess a 20 round magazine if legally purchased in another state. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom