• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I don’t get why some stores are not properly discounting their inventory.

The manager I spoke to said it depended on the management/dealer contracts there. Some discounted more deeply. There was no corporate policy issued on it.

As for who you spoke to, yeah. How helpful people were varied a TON.

Brickseek does show inventory at some stores, but when I went to Hanover that shows some, the two guys I talked to were helpful and even though the one guy said they had nothing and “wished he did, because he would LOVE to sell me anything he had because it must be gone by 12/26 is the last day they are allowed to sell it” he still went back and checked over their lockup for about 10 minutes for me. Nada. Some 22lr, but that was it.

Hanover does have about 20-30 boxes of WWB .40 165gr for $15 per 100rnds if anyone needs cheap .40 still. That was it. Nothing else.

Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    Fruitland somehow magically found 10 more 200ct boxes of brass Fed 9mm @ $17. And this store has been "dry" for over a week. They are there no more. Keep searching.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    I wouldn't be surprised if the ammunition "discovered" was secreted away by an employee for himself and friends...whether to buy with his employe discount or to sneak out with. You never know how much merchandise leaves by way of the loading dock or placed in dumpsters and picked up later.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I wouldn't be surprised if the ammunition "discovered" was secreted away by an employee for himself and friends...whether to buy with his employe discount or to sneak out with. You never know how much merchandise leaves by way of the loading dock or placed in dumpsters and picked up later.

I wouldn’t be shocked by that. Several employees and managers I’ve spoken to have variously said it all has to go by 12/26 or “end of the year”. The former in the last few days, the later I heard last week.

From the sounds the store managers need to make sure it’s gone. If it isn’t, they can’t sell it and it can’t go back to corporate.

So if the day hits I kind of expect employees to even be told they can take it and might be what what are hoping for.

imaoldcowhand

Aug 3, 2018
    A Hagerstown Walmart was sold out of all pistol ammo. They still had some rifle ammo and lots of shotgun shells.

But I was able to snag their last 4 10 round packs of CCI 38/357 shot shells for $5.00 each plus tax.

135sohc

Ultimate Member
    Oct 27, 2013
    One final hurrah for this thread.

6.5 CM and 7.62/.308 are both still stocked. Prices were nothing special.

The rimfire selection was expanded and stocked deep. The non evil rounds were all stocked up and there were a few new ones.

Assists21

Jan 17, 2013
    Glad we were able to use this thread to keep the ammo in civilian hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeproks

Jan 8, 2013
    I was able to pickup 6 boxes of 100rd Federal 45acp brass at Ellicott City last Monday the 30th. Surprised that they still have any left.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I was able to pickup 6 boxes of 100rd Federal 45acp brass at Ellicott City last Monday the 30th. Surprised that they still have any left.

Must have been hidden till then. They didn’t have any when I swung by before Christmas. No one willing to look.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Was 300 BLK on the evil ammo list for Walmart, or do they still sell this hunting round? Asking in light of the proposed MD legislation to backwards ban of AR-15 rifles (on post Sept 30, 2013 lower receivers) chambered in 300 BLK.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    It was part of the purge last month.
    Too bad. Wasn't sure if the antigunners were trying to push this round into the public consciousness as an evil caliber, even if it's not a formal military caliber (which would drop prices because of economies of scale in production) and is much more widely used in hunting.

kmb

Ultimate Member
    Jul 20, 2011
    Germantown walmart has .30-06, .308, tons of .22lr. As of last Thursday anyway.

midnightSGT

Oct 17, 2013
    Calvert County
    Well the Prince Frederick WM has pulled all their .223, and handgun ammo. I usually buy the 50 round boxes of the 50 gr. varmint ammo. I was pissed off. The money I saved by not buying the
    ammo I went home and extended my NRA membership.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom