• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mumfrey

Nov 16, 2017
    Northern Balt Co
    I think the story is misleading.
    IF the citizen held the perp at gunpoint, then likely what is missing is the information on the 911 call.
    I think there is a high probability that the 911 call included information that a citizen was holding the perp at gunpoint and "don't shoot the good guy with the gun".

Police will treat any unidentified guy with a gun as a threat. Likely they did on this scene as well.
    There is some more to the story.

OP, link to story please

Valid point, didn't think of that....yes, need the full story....but that also doesn't negate the fact that the badge is bs. I surely hope that an officer doesn't let his guard down because someone has a CCW badge, as ANYONE can get one.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    The badges being discussed are not official credentials issued by a government authority.

They are fake cracker jack badges anyone can buy online or at Wal Mart for $11.95.

The same places sell identical "Security Service" badges, as well as fake EMT and firefighter badges.

Just want to clarify what is being discussed.

mumfrey

Nov 16, 2017
    Northern Balt Co
    The badges being discussed are not official credentials issued by a government authority.

They are fake cracker jack badges anyone can buy online or at Wal Mart for $11.95.

The same places sell identical "Security Service" badges, as well as fake EMT and firefighter badges.

Just want to clarify what is being discussed.

EXACTLY!

Chris

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 21, 2005
    Cecil Co, Maryland
    I have one that I picked up as part of a deal I worked out. I have it sitting in on my desk somewhere under a pile of paperwork. I once met a guy who had one on his belt, at first glance I thought he was a LEO but then I noticed the badge was too small. He stated that it would slow down any LEO if he had his weapon in his hand. I think he was a wannabe and couldn't cut it. Maybe my grandsons would like the badge to play cops & robbers. Chris

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    Strapping on a gun and pining on a badge don’t make you a Lawman.

You want a badge then sign up and earn one. Too old, there are some departments with armed Reserve/Part Time Officer and Sheriff’s Posse programs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom