• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Steyr40

Mar 3, 2012
    AA County
    With all these great answers for different scenarios, I still don't see any "common sense" coming from the Maryland law side. If I unexpectedly walk into my home as it is being robbed all the power seems to belong to the criminal. It won't take long for criminals to learn that if they just stop what they're doing, like "My bad. Sorry about the broken window", and peacefully leave they won't face any immediate consequences. And if you, the homeowner, prevents them from leaving you can be charged with kidnapping. That is insane.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Walking in, not knowing is different from entering KNOWING that burglary is in progress.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Shooting someone is easy and it's what everyone trains for. NOT shooting someone is what takes cool calm discipline in the heat of the moment. God grant everyone here the patience and skill if they should have one of these moments.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Shooting someone is easy and it's what everyone trains for. NOT shooting someone is what takes cool calm discipline in the heat of the moment. God grant everyone here the patience and skill if they should have one of these moments.
    Look at you dropping knowledge early on a Sunday morning.

boothdoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 23, 2008
    Frederick county
    I had an incident where I was not in my house but family was. I have no issue with bring a threat to these scum bags when I get they my door.
    The issue I have with MD is that logic is not involved in these laws. It is almost like the individuals who drafted them are really simple minded fools

MigraineMan

Ultimate Member
    Jun 9, 2011
    Frederick County
    Several years ago my home was burglarized. As they had broken in through a back door, I didn't notice anything wrong when I got home from work and walked through the front door.
    [...]

I experienced a very similar scenario, only in my case the perp had stashed my belongings in the back yard and was making multiple trips carrying the loot down the street in trash bags. It was clear he was coming back.

It's an awful feeling to walk into an active burglary ...

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    According to this article there's a bunch of new laws in affect in Maryland. This is one of them.

http://marylandreporter.com/2017/09/28/dozens-of-new-maryland-laws-go-into-effect-sunday-oct-1-2017/
    It doesn't look like it's it's own "crime". One still has to commit a violent crime. Really don't understand it. Looks like "assaults with intent to". Which seem like deadly force acts anywhere. Not just inside the home. So not sure what home invasion really means. If someone enters your home with the intention of murdering you, that's still attempted murder. Any of the acts under "home invasion" are still defendable acts. Not sure what the term gives a citizen in defense of one's self?
    09f9fd4e3983401492a8d940ba34e23e.jpg

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    I'm with you. Let's talk about having the same strength when it comes to discussing ideas.

How about the strength to not constantly attempt to tell other adults how they should discuss ideas.

Is that a good one?

MikeTF

Ultimate Member
    How about the strength to not constantly attempt to tell other adults how they should discuss ideas.

Is that a good one?
    We can raise the bar here with regard to how we interact with one another, for the purposes of promoting discussion. We only need to remain calm, cool, and collected when it comes to discussing ideas. When adults act like children, I think it's ok to address the behavior (and separate it from the person). What are your thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom