Which Of These Slim Pickings 22LR Silencers Do You Recommend?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Cold Damp Spaces
    MDS Supporter
    looking at what is in stock at silencershop.com for 22LR:

YHM Stinger $282
    GRMTECH GM-22 $300
    Liberty Regulator $459
    Radical Firearms RF 22 $211

Opinions? Thanks!

Hahaha! Well, as I was shopping a couple of weeks ago, watching and deciding, the cans were disappearing as I sat there, pondering. I originally wanted just a cheap 22 can(under $300) and after two days, the only thing left was the RA 22. So, I bought it. It's new so, no reviews...
    But, I'm gonna try it out. Single core design. I'm not a silencer maven at all, but at $200, I figure, why not?

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    looking at what is in stock at silencershop.com for 22LR:

YHM Stinger $282
    GRMTECH GM-22 $300
    Liberty Regulator $459
    Radical Firearms RF 22 $211

Opinions? Thanks!

I would get the Gemtech or the YHM. In that order.

Both of those companies are well established and those supressors are well proven.

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Thanks for the info. I'll have to think it over.

Here's what's going to happen; I'll get a 22LR can and put it on my 10/22 charger. Then I'll decide I need a 22/45 with a threaded barrel, so I'll buy one of those. Then I'll want a can for my Glock 21, which will require me to buy another barrel. On and on ...

[EDIT - And - this is going to further delay my ability to get a 1911, which is currently on hold!]

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA

Here's what's going to happen; I'll get a 22LR can and put it on my 10/22 charger. Then I'll decide I need a 22/45 with a threaded barrel, so I'll buy one of those. Then I'll want a can for my Glock 21, which will require me to buy another barrel. On and on ...

FYI, the 22/45 won't cycle with subsonic 22. Ask me how I know.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    FYI, the 22/45 won't cycle with subsonic 22. Ask me how I know.

I beg to differ. It depends on the subs you shoot. CCI quiets wont cycle a GD thing. Gemtech subs cycle every host i have tried. CCI SV are not called subs, but are subsonic and cycle. My experience with a 22/45 will cycle with just about everything I have tried except the Quiets.
    Oh and the Remington subs suck so bad I gave a brick of them away. They were really dirty.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    I beg to differ. It depends on the subs you shoot. CCI quiets wont cycle a GD thing. Gemtech subs cycle every host i have tried. CCI SV are not called subs, but are subsonic and cycle. My experience with a 22/45 will cycle with just about everything I have tried except the Quiets.

Oh and the Remington subs suck so bad I gave a brick of them away. They were really dirty.

Good to know. I've only shot the CCI. They are crazy quiet out of the stinger, but single shot only. I'll try to find some gemtech. The CCI are worthless.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater

[EDIT - And - this is going to further delay my ability to get a 1911, which is currently on hold!]

:lol: OMG! Same here. Got a Spectre for my 10/22 (had to get a threaded barrel for that first), got the 22/45, then a CZ 452 American. Slippery slope!

rayrevolver

Jul 26, 2012
    I would choose Regulator since its awesome and deal with cleaning an SS monocore.

YHM Stinger over the Gemtech, only because it will be easier for me to clean by tossing the SS baffles in a wet tumbler. Gemtech is an aluminum monocore which means no steel pin tumbling or sonic cleaners.

FWIW - I have a Dead Air Mask in jail and chose it over all those on your list.

PS - There is a Dead Air dealer in Baltimore who got in a few Masks not too long ago. Should be plenty of time to get the F4 started. PM me if interested.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    PS - There is a Dead Air dealer in Baltimore who got in a few Masks not too long ago. Should be plenty of time to get the F4 started. PM me if interested.

I think I know that dealer, and I have a Form 4 for one of those Masks sitting in front of me at this moment. He still has at least one left the last I spoke to him, though, and his prices are awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom