• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Just got disapproved for my first Form 1 SBR on an Engage lower. Reason was incorrect model. The lower is an Engage E4 model, I'm assuming that's what I should have put down? Anyone else who's done an SBR on that same lower? Your advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Also, do you think there's any chance I can contact Ted Clutter at ATF and not get sent to the back of the line?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MacGuns

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Chester
    I submitted 2 Engage lowers without any issues using E4 as the model number. Make sure you include all leading zeros in the serial number on the receiver.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I submitted 2 Engage lowers without any issues using E4 as the model number. Make sure you include all leading zeros in the serial number on the receiver.

I did include the leading zeros but put AR15 instead of E4 as the model number
    Going to email my examiner and see if I can get it taken care of.

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    Just got disapproved for my first Form 1 SBR on an Engage lower. Reason was incorrect model. The lower is an Engage E4 model, I'm assuming that's what I should have put down? Anyone else who's done an SBR on that same lower? Your advice would be greatly appreciated.

I was disapproved recently for the same thing. I've asked Andy to pass the word along to staff to make it clear to customers that his AR15 lowers are "E4" models and not "AR15".
    On a more positive note, the disapproval came ~three months after E-file submission.

Attachments

• E4 disapproval.gif
      E4 disapproval.gif
      20.4 KB · Views: 265

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    I did include the leading zeros but put AR15 instead of E4 as the model number
    Going to email my examiner and see if I can get it taken care of.

Let us know if you get anywhere with the examiner. In my case, I was unable to even get the examiner, Jessie Huff, to return my repeated calls or emails. Unfortunately, the other people I spoke with at ATF were consistent in saying that, due to the deluge of applications trying to get into the queue before the trust changes take effect next month, all re-submissions automatically go to the end of the queue and processed as new submissions and they're no longer able to give them priority. But it is the federal government, so let us know if you hear otherwise and the name of that person.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    Let us know if you get anywhere with the examiner. In my case, I was unable to even get the examiner, Jessie Huff, to return my repeated calls or emails. Unfortunately, the other people I spoke with at ATF were consistent in saying that, due to the deluge of applications trying to get into the queue before the trust changes take effect next month, all re-submissions automatically go to the end of the queue and processed as new submissions and they're no longer able to give them priority. But it is the federal government, so let us know if you hear otherwise and the name of that person.

Just an FYI, mine came back in under 2 hrs, so it's worth a try. YMMV.

To the OP, if it's an eForm, you need to resubmit and then email your examiner both the new and old control numbers. That's what I did anyway.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Just an FYI, mine came back in under 2 hrs, so it's worth a try. YMMV.

To the OP, if it's an eForm, you need to resubmit and then email your examiner both the new and old control numbers. That's what I did anyway.

Will do it tonight, thank you!

Pmbspyder

Platinum Member
    Apr 12, 2012
    Ive heard the same thing about going to the back of the line with a resubmission. Just started in the last two weeks.

Worst part is, if your form comes back with an error after July 14, not only do you go to the back of the line, but you now must follow all rules of 41f including fingerprints for everyone on your trust etc. Who knows how efile will even work then.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia

Just resubmitted my Form 1. Couldn't read the examiners name until i reread your post and I've got Jessie Huff as well. Do you have an email for her/him?

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    Worst part is, if your form comes back with an error after July 14, not only do you go to the back of the line, but you now must follow all rules of 41f including fingerprints for everyone on your trust etc. Who knows how efile will even work then.

Because the 14 July change requires physical finger print submission, I don't think E-file will be available anymore, which is likely why ATF's trying to clear the backlog prior to the expected post-14 July avalanche.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Resubmitted yesterday and emailed Ted Clutter with the old and new permit numbers this morning. Haven't heard anything.
    Really sucks considering it was barely over a month from submittal to disapproval.

Pmbspyder

Platinum Member
    Apr 12, 2012
    Resubmitted yesterday and emailed Ted Clutter with the old and new permit numbers this morning. Haven't heard anything.
    Really sucks considering it was barely over a month from submittal to disapproval.

I would actually say you made out well. Seeing as they're probably going to make you start the wait over, imagine how much it would suck if you waited 5 months, then were disapproved and had to abide by the new trust rules. As much as it blows, you actually came out ahead here (relatively speaking)

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014

I'd give it til Thursday before I'd start worrying.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Well I never heard back from Mr. Clutter so instead of one month it looks like I'm going to the back of the line. Happy Thanksgiving to me. Crap

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    Well I never heard back from Mr. Clutter so instead of one month it looks like I'm going to the back of the line. Happy Thanksgiving to me. Crap

I never received a response either. Welcome to the federal government.....your taxes at work. Gobble, gobble.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    Because the 14 July change requires physical finger print submission, I don't think E-file will be available anymore, which is likely why ATF's trying to clear the backlog prior to the expected post-14 July avalanche.

surprisingly I think e-file might still be around, one of the benefits (if that's what you wanna call it) is they accept digital fingerprints. So in theory you can upload your prints, and photos along with your other docs. Just gotta wait and see how they decide to play the e-file game. Truth be told it really helps them streamline the process, I think paper file really burdens the examiners.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom