• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SneakySh0rty

Aug 22, 2013
    Pasadena
    I got this in my email and was going to post if anyone wanted one to get it quickly (i already have an octane 45 pending) but when i viewed for myself, back to "waitlist"

what a tease!

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
      Capture.jpg
      42.6 KB · Views: 557

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    Yes, same for me. Nothing available for Octane 45, after receiving email. Also, price shows as $684, then when you click on it jumps up to $709. Show what the price is and stick to it. I don't like this way of doing business.

By the way, when I select the thread as 16X1 LH it shows as USP Tactical. Is this still good for a Glock21 factory threaded barrel, if I use this selection (for USP Tactical)?

beretta_maven

Free Thinking Member
    Jan 2, 2014
    SoMD
    Seems that every email I get from SilencerShop regarding a special sale on any suppressor shows as "Out of Stock" whenever I go to their web page. Either they have just one item in stock when they put out the email, or it is a crappy sales ploy to get people to visit their website.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    They claim you can order a silencer they have in stock by 7/7/16 and they worked it out with atf that you will come under the 7/13/16 deadline

SneakySh0rty

Aug 22, 2013
    Pasadena
    Either they have just one item in stock when they put out the email, or it is a crappy sales ploy to get people to visit their website.

I just tested this. I joined the waitlist for the Omega around 1:30 and at 3:07 I got a notification it was back in stock. I checked within the minute and still saw "waitlist". so maybe a sales ploy. BUT, perhaps someone might have been a lucky caller and was offered the suppressor. who knows.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I just tested this. I joined the waitlist for the Omega around 1:30 and at 3:07 I got a notification it was back in stock. I checked within the minute and still saw "waitlist". so maybe a sales ploy. BUT, perhaps someone might have been a lucky caller and was offered the suppressor. who knows.

I doubt it. Back in the ammo/powder shortage days, I'd get notices from Midway in the morning saying my 'wait' was back in stock only to find that it was gone already. I then, set my cell phone as the prompt(instead of email) and kept it beside my bed. Yup, I was getting the notifications in the middle of the night and was able to order right then and there with much success.

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV

A heck of a way to do business. Moreover, the suppliers don't seem to keep up to speed. I would think they'd be working overtime while demand is high.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    A heck of a way to do business. Moreover, the suppliers don't seem to keep up to speed. I would think they'd be working overtime while demand is high.

Think about it. A handful of manufacturers supplying a whole countries needs with this 14 July thing bearing down. Da chit's gotta be a-flyin' off da shelves everywheres.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Yes, same for me. Nothing available for Octane 45, after receiving email. Also, price shows as $684, then when you click on it jumps up to $709. Show what the price is and stick to it. I don't like this way of doing business.

The pricing moves depending on which local FFL you choose. There's one that will have the lower price, but he might not be the guy you like.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Best way to get a suppressor from them is call them. They can give you a idea when it will be in. If you really want it don't get on the waiting list. Do a pre buy. That way when it comes it the paperwork starts. Most people do the pre buy because the unit is slated to you. So by the time most get back in stock. They are pre sold.

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    I think I'll wait until things cool off. Rugged Obsidian, for example, went from $654 on Silencer Shop to $799 (as of today). I'll just file the fingerprints. What does it matter, many agencies have them anyway, due to all the licenses I have. No big deal. Moreover, I think more and more competition will be arriving soon. That's the american way.

SneakySh0rty

Aug 22, 2013
    Pasadena
    I doubt it. Back in the ammo/powder shortage days, I'd get notices from Midway in the morning saying my 'wait' was back in stock only to find that it was gone already. I then, set my cell phone as the prompt(instead of email) and kept it beside my bed. Yup, I was getting the notifications in the middle of the night and was able to order right then and there with much success.

Best way to get a suppressor from them is call them. They can give you a idea when it will be in. If you really want it don't get on the waiting list. Do a pre buy. That way when it comes it the paperwork starts. Most people do the pre buy because the unit is slated to you. So by the time most get back in stock. They are pre sold.

in the screen shot it says first come first serve. i checked within the minute of receiving the email So no pre-buy option. I figured calling would give a better answer of whether or not they have something in stock. But, i am still at work and unable to call in. Also I already have an Octane pending. I was just testing their notification system by joining the waitlist on different silencerco items even though I know they were dropped and supposedly out of stock months ago.

SneakySh0rty

Aug 22, 2013
    Pasadena
    Even funnier i received more notifications about them both being in stock. 3 for the octane 2 for the omega.

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
      Capture.jpg
      11.9 KB · Views: 470

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    in the screen shot it says first come first serve. i checked within the minute of receiving the email So no pre-buy option. I figured calling would give a better answer of whether or not they have something in stock. But, i am still at work and unable to call in. Also I already have an Octane pending. I was just testing their notification system by joining the waitlist on different silencerco items even though I know they were dropped and supposedly out of stock months ago.

Only way to do a pre buy is call in. They do not offer that online. Unfortunately there computer and website has some flaws. That's why I call in and talk to a human. It's the only way to go with them.

rayrevolver

Jul 26, 2012
    Two Points:

1 - SS does not carry SilencerCo anymore. I have to assume the notification emails are errors. This has been confirmed by SS and I am not sure why they have anything SiCo on their site. (also dropped Dead Air but removed their cans).

2 - Rugged Obsidian still shows $654 for Maryland. If you are logged off the website it will default to $799.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    adamc904

Latest threads

Top Bottom