• ...and so much more!
  • DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    IMG_8921-copy.jpg

Tim says:
    Upon close examination of the ACE I have here at the shop, it would seem that the potential issue is the presence of a pin hole that would be used to hold an auto sear on a machine gun. Internally I do not see the necessary cuts in the rail to allow for the installation of machine gun parts into the gun. However, the ATF has long held that the presence of a “3rd pin hole” in an AK type firearm constitutes a full-auto receiver.

We will have to wait until more information is made available before we know the fate of these pistols. Meanwhile, if you have one of these firearms you need to contact your FFL dealer where you purchased it immediately. If the BATF deems these to be machine guns they will mandate their surrender.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    In that picture it doesn't even look like a full hole, unless a part of it is hidden. Probably best that they call them back though, never known the ATF to overreach and overreact!!

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Part of it is indeed hidden. Amazing that they'd release it with a third pin, even if the BATFE had an off-day and somehow said yes to it. Mike Kassnar knows better.

Feb 28, 2013
    It would be nice if a picture of one of these and a select fire one were published side by side for comparison.

killng

Nov 29, 2015
    moco
    The third pin is in the correct location even tho you can not fit full auto selector kinda stupid... Like the nfa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    The guy in the video says that (and I'm paraphrasing) "You filled out a 4473 form on this, so the ATF knows you have it". It's always been my belief that anytime you purchased a firearm and filled out paper work at a dealer, that the government knows you have it. Anyone that thinks otherwise has too much trust in the Gov't saying otherwise. People are against gun registration, but I say it's been going on for quite sometime. Legally buying ftf is the only way Uncle Gov't doesn't know what you have. Should I loosen my tinfoil now?:tinfoil2::

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    To be accurate, if you bought the gun from a dealer, even before the 4473 came along, the gov can FIND OUT you bought it.

But they do not KNOW, until they go looking.

And they have no way or knowing or proving that you still have it (in most states).

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    To be accurate, if you bought the gun from a dealer, even before the 4473 came along, the gov can FIND OUT you bought it.

But they do not KNOW, until they go looking.

And they have no way or knowing or proving that you still have it (in most states).

Yup.

I'm not sure anyone in MD has them though. They're not on the roster.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    From IWI:
    https://www.facebook.com/IWIUS/posts/754081351389054

Galil ACE (GAP39) RECALL
    IWI US is conducting a recall of all Galil ACE (GAP39) pistols that have a receiver with a 3-pin (3-hole) fire control group construction. While these pistols cannot fire automatically, BATF&E has historically held that AK type receivers with 3-pin (3-hole) fire control groups are, by definition, machine gun receivers.
    Accordingly, all owners (FFL Dealers or Consumers) of a GAP39 pistol must return their firearms to IWI US, Inc. immediately for either a full refund or you can opt for replacement with a 2-pin (2-hole) pistol within 90 to 120 days.
    FFL Dealers and/or Consumers must include a copy of an invoice or receipt with the returned firearm. IWI US cannot issue a refund without a receipt.
    There are no safety issues involved with this recall.
    FFL Dealers and Consumers should contact IWI US, Inc. at (717) 695-2081, email recall@iwi.us or write the company at:
    IWI US, Inc.
    Attn. GAP39 Recall
    P.O. Box 126707
    Harrisburg, PA 17112
    IWI US, Inc. will issue a Return Authorization number (RA#) and will issue a “Call Tag” for UPS to pick up the firearm(s) at no cost to the FFL Dealer or Consumer. Returned firearms must have a RA# or they will be refused.
    Please allow up to 4 weeks to receive your refund.

http://iwi.us/iwi/media/Recall/Galil Gap 39/Galil-ACE-Recall-Notice-122815.pdf

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Looks like the new 1s are finally shipping! And there about $400.00 cheaper than before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom