• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tmo8320

Mar 31, 2019
    In re Hebrew Hammer article: that certainly was an interesting read. I am not sure I feel comfortable saying any more.

Please oh please - somebody else chime in on this stuff!

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    This has and is already occurring. NY did it to the NRA over insurance. The feds did it with banking between 2008 and 2016. The tech is doing it because of pressure already. What he wrote is an observation, not forward thinking.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    This has and is already occurring. NY did it to the NRA over insurance. The feds did it with banking between 2008 and 2016. The tech is doing it because of pressure already. What he wrote is an observation, not forward thinking.

Operation chokepoint for those interested

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    All of these are really good points I should have included. I was thinking them (especially when I mentioned regulation), but didn't spell it out. Just added them.

Some Guy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 26, 2017
    Several years ago I went to the US EPA's website and was way disturbed to see that one could log onto it using a google or facebook credential. Ditch both of these and similar orgs asap.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Maybe tech like mewe.com are options. Distributed solutions where take down orders are made irrelevant. Solutions using block chain technology
    Or darknet solutions. But the more complex the solution is for end users, the less effective it will be.

sinzitu

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2009
    TN
    Or darknet solutions. But the more complex the solution is for end users, the less effective it will be.

Agree. Though i’m note a social media (fb, ig, etc) user.

From what i’ve seen and heard mewe has a similar navigational feel. So not overly difficult to change. Problem is getting more ppl to use these newer platforms. May just take time or a true motivating factor.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    All of these are really good points I should have included. I was thinking them (especially when I mentioned regulation), but didn't spell it out. Just added them.

Dont forget about jurists who are also activists. I forget the case but at least one is being allowed to continue even though it violates legal commerce in arms act.

Oh and the major tech company that just banned all processing of credit cards for firearms and accessories processing and is banning vendors and sites based on 2a.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom