• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Asking for a bill is just that, asking. I don't think there's enough evidence to create the "drain" hysteria yet.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Sounds like misery loves company, Marylanders allowed ourselves to get this way and some here want company in their misery so the wish this bill shyte on Virginians instead of trying to help them out by doing anything at all

That’s what I see from many here

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    No it isn't. VA will be solid blue in 1 or 2 elections. I feel bad for Marylanders moving there because their laws could be worse than ours a decade from now.

The long time Virginia residents always told me "no way" over the last 15 years when I pointed out that they had a 5th column of leftist Yankees moving into their communities and that the state was being infiltrated.

RepublicOfFranklin

Ultimate Member
    Mar 16, 2018
    The ‘Dena - DPRM
    NoVA has always been a hive of scum and villainy. What’s made things worse is Yankees moving down to Charlottesville and Blacksburg. Hopefully the House (which is still GOP controlled for now) knocks this down. Still can’t believe an oath breaker like Gov Blackface cruised to a win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland
    VCDL email
    Governor Northam and the Democrat Leadership has
    Declared War on Gun Owners

Rather than letting the Virginia Beach community continue to mourn and heal, the Governor, Lt. Governor, and the Attorney General are rushing to dance in the blood of the Virginia Beach massacre victims in order to draw attention away from their recent scandals. This is purely a political stunt and they are using our right to self-defense as their sacrificial lamb.

The Governor is calling the General Assembly into a special session around the end of June to do nothing but pass more useless gun-control. Gun control that would affect you and me, but has no correlation to anything the murderer did or had, and wouldn't have saved a single life in Virginia Beach.

The Governor and Democrat leadership see this as a chance to payback Michael Bloomberg for his large donations to Democrat campaigns by passing Bloomberg's gun-control wish list:
    Red Flag laws - forget the unconstitutionality of this law, no one thought the Virginia Beach murderer to be a threat, so that law would have changed nothing
    Universal Background Checks - the Virginia Beach murderer passed at least two background checks, just like the Virginia Tech murderer. And street thugs don't go through background checks to get their guns
    "Assault Weapon" ban - no "assault weapons" were used in the Virginia Beach massacre. Long guns are rarely ever used in crime
    Magazine-capacity limits - the commission on the Virginia Tech massacre concluded that restricting magazine size would not have changed the outcome
    Silencer/suppressor ban - it is extremely rare that a lawfully owned suppressor is used in a crime. They are not popular with criminals because 1) the gun shot is still loud and 2) it doubles the length of a handgun, making it much more difficult to conceal
    Bump-stock ban - bump stocks have only been used in one crime, out in Nevada and there is no evidence that it increased the number of injuries or fatalities.
    Allow local government to implement gun control (get rid of firearm pre-emption law) - the Virginia Beach government building was already a "gun-free zone." What are they going to do, make it a double-gun-free-zone? This would make gun laws in Virginia extremely hard to comply with, benefiting criminals, who don't care about laws, and dissuading good people due to the complexities of carrying legally as they travel through the state

Not a single one of these proposed gun-control laws would have saved anyone in Virginia Beach.

But this is not about saving lives, it is about political theater.

WOULD ANYTHING HAVE SAVED LIVES IN THE VIRGINIA BEACH MASSACRE?

YES! Letting local and state government employees with concealed handgun permits carry concealed at work.

It is a basic human-right to be able to defend yourself! Neither the government, or anyone else, should be able to tell you that you must die as a helpless victim of a violent attack. We must put an end to gun-free zones!

VCDL IS TREATING THIS AS A SERIOUS THREAT AND YOU HAD BEST BE DOING SO, TOO

This will be an all-hands-on-deck fight, including as big a turnout as we can get when these gun bills are heard in the General Assembly. Please be ready to respond to any LEGISLATIVE ACTION ITEMS as they occur.

There is some serious dirty-tricks that can happen during such a special session that wouldn't bode well for gun owners or our freedoms. VCDL will be closely monitoring the session accordingly.

The Governor wants citizens to be contacting their legislators on this matter AND WE WILL! We will have an email and call-in campaign at the appropriate time.

VCDL'S BOTTOM LINE: NO MORE GUN CONTROL - NONE! NO MORE "GUN-FREE ZONES" - NONE!

POP57

Ultimate Member
    Apr 5, 2016
    Delaware
    Sounds like misery loves company, Marylanders allowed ourselves to get this way and some here want company in their misery so the wish this bill shyte on Virginians instead of trying to help them out by doing anything at all

That’s what I see from many here
    Never noticed.:rolleyes:

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    So Northam wants to replicate the success that Maryland has had in improving public safety through its gun control efforts (while simultaneously getting softer on criminals)?

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Ah crap. Once VA goes, NC is next. Was planning to retire in NC. TN is starting to look better.

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    They'll take over everywhere eventually. Illegal gun control is coming one day. Just make sure you have the means to defend yourself.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    They'll take over everywhere eventually. Illegal gun control is coming one day. Just make sure you have the means to defend yourself.

Only 2 things can fix it. The Supreme Court, and a revolt.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I certainly don't * want * this to happen to Va . I belong to VCDL , and will drop some more support on them this weekend .

But wishing won't change the accelerating population shifts .

ChannelCat

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter

Only 2 things can fix it. The Supreme Court, and a revolt.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. We're heading for some type of showdown eventually, and it's about more than just the 2A. Left wingers will keep going to the well, imposing creeping tyranny, until we reach a break point. When this happens, all hell could break loose. States such as Texas or Montana may start seceding, and portions of states such as Eastern Shore Maryland or southern Virginia may try and break away from the iron boot of Richmond and Annapolis.

HaveBlue

HaveBlue
    Dec 4, 2014
    Virginia
    Sorry if I'm late to the game. I've come to the conclusion that "Gun-free zones" are like fertile soil for the seeds of tyranny. Every day that nothing happens is proof that our government is protecting us. Whenever something bad happens, gun-control tries to blossom. Even if no legislation is passed, the roots of the notion that it is the governments responsibility to protect people grow that much deeper. Rinse and repeat.

We need to change the way this situation is framed.

It should be framed as "this is the result the leftists are looking for". This time they got it. Nearly everything Northam is asking for was either objectively irrelevant or already in place. Gun-control is blossoming.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    Sorry if I'm late to the game. I've come to the conclusion that "Gun-free zones" are like fertile soil for the seeds of tyranny. Every day that nothing happens is proof that our government is protecting us. Whenever something bad happens, gun-control tries to blossom. Even if no legislation is passed, the roots of the notion that it is the governments responsibility to protect people grow that much deeper. Rinse and repeat.

We need to change the way this situation is framed.

It should be framed as "this is the result the leftists are looking for". This time they got it. Nearly everything Northam is asking for was either objectively irrelevant or already in place. Gun-control is blossoming.

The government couldn't care less about our protection. Nor could most companies for that matter. In Maryland and in other states, they even go so far as to actively and aggressively stand in the way of one's providing for their own personal protection. Nor is the government ever going to be able to legislate an end to the depraved acts of the sick or the criminally depraved.

There is no personal protection Santa Claus.
    I'm not sure how anyone of sound mind could conclude otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom