Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Gun Rights and Legislation > National 2A Issues
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old November 26th, 2017, 11:03 AM #1
Still learnin'

Still learnin'

NAAGA response to 2A

NAAGA (National African Americans Gun Association) Vice President Douglass Jefferson interviews with Al Jazeera and presents "common sense" perspectives on firearm ownership and violence. I wonder if there has been any discussions between NAAGA, NRA and other groups to work together.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/1...140652472.html
Seagrave1963 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2017, 12:43 PM #2

NAAGA response to 2A

Great arguments by the NAAGA. Hopefully this will take hold in Maryland!

Sent from my bunker using Tapatalk Pro
Old November 26th, 2017, 12:50 PM #3

Discussions with NAAGA might best be undertaken at the grassroots level. There are significant trust issues here. Just like in a social relationship one does not begin with a marriage proposal. One begins with social contact, then dating, then increasing modes of intimacy, and then marriage. We need to begin talking, and then dating. This alliance is long overdue and would be immensely beneficial to both parties.
hillbilly grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2017, 02:26 PM #4
TV Personality

TV Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly grandpa View Post
Discussions with NAAGA might best be undertaken at the grassroots level. There are significant trust issues here. Just like in a social relationship one does not begin with a marriage proposal. One begins with social contact, then dating, then increasing modes of intimacy, and then marriage. We need to begin talking, and then dating. This alliance is long overdue and would be immensely beneficial to both parties.

I reached out to the local head last January to invite them to the Deplorables Rally. In an email exchange he said he would like to talk to me more about it so I gave him my cell number. Never called.

Much like the Congressional Black Caucasians I don't get the need to have a gun rights org based on skin color or heritage, but it's a semi free country and people can do as they wish. I just don't understand why groups like the NAAGA and the Pink Pistols don't get involved in the fight locally.

You can bet the rent that if someone from their group or the Pink Pistols posted up here that there was going to be a demonstration or event of some sort and were sharing the invite that there would be a good many of us from MDS who would show up.
Old November 26th, 2017, 04:25 PM #5

The more law-abiding people we have pushing for enforcement of the RKBA, the better for all of us, regardless of who they are.

I noticed he sort of dodged the question about why have their own group and not just be part of the NRA. I get the feeling he might think the NRA is a bunch of old crusty crackers...hope not. Colion has been doing a great job as a spokesman and happens to be black.
Work hard, shoot straight, play fair, fight dirty
DanGuy48 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2019, 07:02 PM #6

Article about NAAGA on NPR. I had never heard about the group before before stumbling across this online.

https://www.npr.org/2019/07/10/73849...ntent=20190710

Quote:
Some see the group as an alternative to the National Rifle Association for black gun owners, but it has some notable differences. Organizers say it is a civil rights organization that aims to build community and promote self-protection.

Since its creation in 2015, the group has seen rapid growth with roughly 30,000 members and 75 chapters nationwide. Leaders expect another 25 chapters by next year.
I think with only 30,000 members nationwide they still have a lot of room to grow. I Looked up to see if there is a local chapter and there is one, but they don’t seem to be too active. Other states seem to have very high profile groups. Good for them. Maybe they’ll get some traction in Maryland. If the NRA keeps taking their eyes off the ball I’m ready to throw more money attention to other organizations that are working harder and smarter. Honestly I would support any Pro-2A group that attempted to make themselves heard in Annapolis.
Honorable people with a good work ethic and strong character have shaped our communities and nation more so than presidents and congressmen. The crisis of character we see in our political leaders is a symptom of our nation's sickness not the cause for the disease.
ToolAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2019, 07:15 PM #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoveman View Post
I reached out to the local head last January to invite them to the Deplorables Rally. In an email exchange he said he would like to talk to me more about it so I gave him my cell number. Never called.

Much like the Congressional Black Caucasians I don't get the need to have a gun rights org based on skin color or heritage, but it's a semi free country and people can do as they wish. I just don't understand why groups like the NAAGA and the Pink Pistols don't get involved in the fight locally.

You can bet the rent that if someone from their group or the Pink Pistols posted up here that there was going to be a demonstration or event of some sort and were sharing the invite that there would be a good many of us from MDS who would show up.
I’m with you! Can you imagine the shitstorm if we created a “National White Americans Gun Association”? It would be called racist and white nationalism in a heartbeat! It’s nice to note that they’re open to multiracial membership.
Mightydog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2019, 09:36 AM #8

I love this statement from the interviewer.
“In response, conservative politicians have signed gun control laws that targeted the rights of African Americans.”

Liberals meanwhile have done nothing like that, ever.

Work hard, shoot straight, play fair, fight dirty
DanGuy48 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2019, 10:27 AM #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanGuy48 View Post
I love this statement from the interviewer.
“In response, conservative politicians have signed gun control laws that targeted the rights of African Americans.”

Liberals meanwhile have done nothing like that, ever.

While the statement is somewhat historically accurate, depending on which time period of gun control laws we are referencing. When viewed through today’s political lens, probably a major misstep by the NRA when they supported such laws like this back in the 60s.

I hadn’t noticed that quote in the article however and I went back an reread it, but still couldn’t find it. My eyes do fail me from time to time when trying to read on my small phone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Honorable people with a good work ethic and strong character have shaped our communities and nation more so than presidents and congressmen. The crisis of character we see in our political leaders is a symptom of our nation's sickness not the cause for the disease.
ToolAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2019, 09:32 PM #10
President, MSI

President, MSI

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToolAA View Post
Article about NAAGA on NPR. I had never heard about the group before before stumbling across this online.

https://www.npr.org/2019/07/10/73849...ntent=20190710

I think with only 30,000 members nationwide they still have a lot of room to grow. I Looked up to see if there is a local chapter and there is one, but they don’t seem to be too active. Other states seem to have very high profile groups. Good for them. Maybe they’ll get some traction in Maryland. If the NRA keeps taking their eyes off the ball I’m ready to throw more money attention to other organizations that are working harder and smarter. Honestly I would support any Pro-2A group that attempted to make themselves heard in Annapolis.
MSI could use your support. Check out what we do in Annapolis. https://www.marylandshallissue.org/j...lation-tracker

Home Page > Forum List > Gun Rights and Legislation > National 2A Issues