• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigTrain

Jan 3, 2018
    Baltimore
    Woof. That looks like a beast.

But my favorite bit is the marketing photo showing an angsty yet sexy millenial chick pearing her high-capacity Israeli death dealer with a nice, pale green wool sweater and matched onyx pendant and earring set. What sort of sweater goes with the standard Tavor?

Does anyone else find this add just bizarre? Who is this photo for? It looks like a photo from a Buffy the Vampire Slayer reboot.

That said, cool gun.

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    That's your opinion. Mine is that it's similar enough to a revolving cylinder that I wouldn't want to get brought to court over it. Literally, all the law says is "revolving cylinder". If the shotgun has a cylinder in it that revolves, that is technically an assault weapon. Stupid, yes, but that's how it is. If it had said revolver cylinder, I'd be on board with you.

I guess we will just agree to disagree on that.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Woof. That looks like a beast.

But my favorite bit is the marketing photo showing an angsty yet sexy millenial chick pearing her high-capacity Israeli death dealer with a nice, pale green wool sweater and matched onyx pendant and earring set. What sort of sweater goes with the standard Tavor?

Does anyone else find this add just bizarre? Who is this photo for? It looks like a photo from a Buffy the Vampire Slayer reboot.

That said, cool gun.

Looks like IWI"s play on Keltec's long history of women defending themselves with guns.

KSG12ga_RIO_8863.jpg

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I don't see this as the same. In a cylinder, the chamber is in the cylinder. So each round is loaded into its own chamber, where it is fired when that chamber is aligned with the barrel.

A revolving MAGAZINE is not the same thing. The magazine feeds rounds to the chamber to be fired.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I don't see this as the same. In a cylinder, the chamber is in the cylinder. So each round is loaded into its own chamber, where it is fired when that chamber is aligned with the barrel.

A revolving MAGAZINE is not the same thing. The magazine feeds rounds to the chamber to be fired.
    I agree with you, but the MSP does not, apparently.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Ranchero50

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    Handled one yesterday at the IWI booth at the GAOS and it felt really top heavy empty. The breach feels like it's about ear height when shouldered. The other bullpup shotties there were the same.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I just noticed that this is listed as not banned on the MDSP Firearms list
    That is surprising based on how they banned the SRM-1216, but I'll take it. Truth is, the assembly was trying to ban revolver shotguns, not multi-tube guns. Always wanted a bullpup shotgun!

Also, it has switchable ejection, and my son is a lefty... so it's like I need it for him. Yeah, that's it. :)

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    MSP does not BAN anything.

The LAW bans them.

The online list is the MSP OPINION on what is banned or not, and is not legally binding.

Most likely, someone contacted them and pointed out a revolving magazine is NOT a revolving cylinder. Just like was done with some of the piston AR types.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    MSP list is not binding or legal. Just their take on it.

They even say that on the page.

Totally true! But if our police cant give us sound guidance who can? Its makes a tough discussion but at a minimum its a mitigating factor.

Anyone get one yet?

DP12

Apr 24, 2018
    SoMD
    I didn't realize MD was rabidly anti-2A until after I moved here. After the recent excitement over "assault weapons," I decided to go out and get the most "assaulty" assault weapon that was MD legal...so I got a Standard MFG. DP-12. Double barrel pump with 14+2 capacity and door breacher chokes that look like they could make a gun-grabber fall over just with the visuals. It's fun. And I got mine for less than this Tavor. Sure does eat shells fast though. NTTAWWT :D

What struck me as particularly odd was that when I bought an M&P 15-22, I was told to make sure it was MD compliant. At the time, that meant 10 round mags, no flash suppressor, and a pinned stock. I guess they've decided now that the pinned stock is unnecessary. But the absurdity of it: the little 22 plinker with a standard mag is an "assault weapon" but the DP-12 with mob-wrecking firepower evil looking breachers isn't. :lol2:

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Rimfire rifles are not subject to most of the AWB regulations, so I don't know who was telling you that you needed to do that stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom