• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    https://www.lafoauto.com/products/2...ix-filter-just-for-car?variant=30885383667757

252492d9a35b019cc8089b843a5b33cf_1024x1024_027fc92d-a392-4d68-a70d-e55fa665c91d_1296x.jpg

Feature :
    1.Great for a fuel filter
    2.New tube made from 7075 aluminum
    3.End Cap made from 7075 Aircraft Grade Aluminum with 1/2-28 threads (choose from the listing)
    4.New unique designed by our team with Spiral Pattern filter element made from 7075 Aluminum Center Marked.
    5.Heavy Duty: since it’s a solid piece.
    6.Reliability: fewer moving/shifting parts.
    7.Maintenance: it’s easier to take apart/clean.
    8.Accountability: no small parts to get lost

images

Lol. Yeah I am sure this is a fuel filter...sold by a real company that only sells fuel filters and fuel filter covers.

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    Actually it is called a "solvent trap" and in it's "sold as" state, perfectly legal.

I don't know if the picture shows the before or after.

From what I understand, you pour "solvent" into your barrel, and it catches it so it doesn't spill out and make a mess.

I think the problem comes when you want to modify said trap so IT TOO can drain..... Not that ANYONE would do that.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    Yep. 100% legal as sold. What you do with it is your business. I would think it would make a great no mess barrel cleaning aid though.

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    Question: if you apply for a stamp to make your own suppressor. when you receive the stamp, can you then buy this and ... make and have your suppressor In a much shorter delay than 9-12 months that some have noted?

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Question: if you apply for a stamp to make your own suppressor. when you receive the stamp, can you then buy this and ... make and have your suppressor In a much shorter delay than 9-12 months that some have noted?

That about covers it. You need to visit the ATF web site and complete the Form 1 process. After they send you back an email with the next steps (sending in your finger print cards as directed, etc), they'll get back to you in a month-ish, and you've got your tax stamp. THEN and ONLY THEN do you modify your fuel filter/solvent trap/turkey baster/etc into your ultimate functioning thingy. Which may also require you to do some engraving and whatnot, for serialization to match your tax stamp's info. And yeah, that's a LOT less time than waiting for the usual Form 4 process. Will your in-the-field results be as good as a commercially made can? Debate will ensue, on that subject.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    Ah this is what I sent outrider via text a week or so ago. Kept getting as an ad on gateway pundit

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Actually it is called a "solvent trap" and in it's "sold as" state, perfectly legal.

I don't know if the picture shows the before or after.

From what I understand, you pour "solvent" into your barrel, and it catches it so it doesn't spill out and make a mess.

I think the problem comes when you want to modify said trap so IT TOO can drain..... Not that ANYONE would do that.

Picture shows before. Seems like all the holes are drilled except for the end cap. Is that legal? I thought the holes could not be pre-drilled.

Not sure in would buy this without stamp in hand.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    You know, I have an approved form 1 for a suppressor that I haven't built yet. It would be funny to order this only for the ATF to come visit and see that I have the approved form 1 in hand.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    You know, I have an approved form 1 for a suppressor that I haven't built yet. It would be funny to order this only for the ATF to come visit and see that I have the approved form 1 in hand.

Do it....

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom