• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Capt Skup

Ultimate Member
    Feb 29, 2012
    Calvert County
    MidwayUSA has a current sale on AR Stoner complete uppers chambered in 5.56. Priced $199.99. Includes BCG, charging handle, bolt assist and dust cover. Barrel is M4 contour, 1x9 twist. I have a couple of completed lowers from '13 that I just haven't gotten to finishing. At $199, that is far less than buying separate components to build up. Will fill my need for sure.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    At $199 per, may be worth picking a few up for your pre-bans. I'm 50/50 with AR Stoner, have had some stuff that was G2G out of the box, other stuff that "needed a little work" to make run right.

Capt Skup

Ultimate Member
    Feb 29, 2012
    Calvert County
    Just wanted to provide update on the complete AR Stoner upper I ordered from MidwayUSA just a few days ago. I received it yesterday via UPS. I was like a kid on Christmas morning. Took it out of the package and gave it a good look over. No scratches, no blems, Bolt is a bit tight. I will disassemble and give it a good cleaning and light lube. Lit up the barrel, rifling looks sharp and clean. Installed the upper on a previously completed lower (nothing fancy, a SWAT forged lower) Fitment was good, controls function properly, bolt cycles correctly. I am sure many will poo poo my cheap ass AR. I have about $350 into it, and I can hit a paper plate at 100 yards, it is good enough for me. Very pleased shopping with MidwayUSA. Next a 6.8 and .300.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Cheap and functional, if that's what the requirements are, that's what the requirements are. Not every build has to have a high dollar parts list.

Hell, look at the HiPoint carbines - low cost, but those little bastards just run and run.

Capt Skup

Ultimate Member
    Feb 29, 2012
    Calvert County
    When the fascists(Antifa/BLM) start their attack, I would rather have a couple of cheap ass AR's than the high price gun that I don't have because it was too expensive to buy. Just a whole lot of fun assembling these AR's. Big boys erector sets

Capt Skup

Ultimate Member
    Feb 29, 2012
    Calvert County
    I will look at the barrel again, there is a stamp on it along with caliber. Midway has more in but the price returned to $399.
    Here is a question for you knowledgeable types. In the package with the upper was a small plastic bag containing a QA stamp and three empty casings. I surmise that these casings are to show that the upper was testing and to confirm operation?

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    No clue who makes them. I’ve got a 20” .223 wylde 1:8 5R SS Stoner Barrel on one of my ARs. With PPU 75gr it’ll put 5 rounds in to 3/4” at 100yds. IMI m193 it’ll put 5 rounds in to less than 2”. Tends to have a flier that opens it up from a 1” group. IMI m855 5 round groups can be as little as .9”, but also sometimes have fliers than open it to about 1.5”.

Pretty dang nice for a $120 Barrel.

I picked up a basic LPK (the one missing trigger pack and grip) for $19 and a pair of enhanced triggers for $25 each. Also an MOE grip.

Start finishing out a lower for my 6.5 18” Grendel deer rifle build. Other trigger will eventually go in my .308 build.

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    Just wanted to provide update on the complete AR Stoner upper I ordered from MidwayUSA just a few days ago. I received it yesterday via UPS. I was like a kid on Christmas morning. Took it out of the package and gave it a good look over. No scratches, no blems, Bolt is a bit tight. I will disassemble and give it a good cleaning and light lube. Lit up the barrel, rifling looks sharp and clean. Installed the upper on a previously completed lower (nothing fancy, a SWAT forged lower) Fitment was good, controls function properly, bolt cycles correctly. I am sure many will poo poo my cheap ass AR. I have about $350 into it, and I can hit a paper plate at 100 yards, it is good enough for me. Very pleased shopping with MidwayUSA. Next a 6.8 and .300.

Good news. I wanted to hear a review from an actual person.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom