• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chesapeakeIRON

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2012
    Harford County
    Jesus, Fidelity. You are a god damn enabler.

Apparently I now have an upper and lower set on order. Never done an online order/transfer at local FFL. Worried it is going to be too easy and wind up costing me money from buying too much crap.

At least I convinced myself I really only NEEDED to order one. I shall not make a collection out of AR-10s. I shall not make a collection out of AR-10s (but man, .308 completed upper and a lower for the regular price of just the lower. I couldn’t not get the set. I would have preferred plain, but not $150+ more preferred)

Yep me too I have been in the market to start a 308 build, and could not pass up the deal on the blem lower :party29:

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I really considered adding unanodized/raw lower in as well, but a .308 AR-10 build is realistically 2-3 years away for me. A 2nd build would probably be several years further out and I just can’t justify that.

I may regret it if I am not allowed to buy them one if these days, but at least I’ll have the one and I’ll just hope they keep their status and/or one more than to panic buy a couple of.

My neighbor kicks himself all the time for not having picked up an M1a before the ban. I at least have the excuse that I didn’t own firearms before 2014. Trying to learn from his/others mistakes as it were.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I picked up my matched upper and lower today. It’s so big (that’s what she said)!

I just wish I could build it right away. I may have accidentally hit buy on a pair of Mkdway stoner enhanced lower triggers and a “essentials” LPK and magpul MOE grip.

The sale was too good to pass up. And in fairness, one of the triggers, the LPK and grip are going on an AR-15 lower to move my 6.5 Grendel build closer to the finish line. Still need a hand guard, upper parts, buffer tube bits and stock. Have barrel, stripped upper, stripped lower, BCG and 18” flutted HBAR Barrel.

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    I picked up my matched upper and lower today. It’s so big (that’s what she said)!

I just wish I could build it right away. I may have accidentally hit buy on a pair of Mkdway stoner enhanced lower triggers and a “essentials” LPK and magpul MOE grip.

The sale was too good to pass up. And in fairness, one of the triggers, the LPK and grip are going on an AR-15 lower to move my 6.5 Grendel build closer to the finish line. Still need a hand guard, upper parts, buffer tube bits and stock. Have barrel, stripped upper, stripped lower, BCG and 18” flutted HBAR Barrel.

What brand?

I have an Aero M5 and think it's really nice. The only thing that's a little quirky is the gas tube. They say it doesn't need to have the barrel nut timed, but it does.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Oh, Aero M5 upper and lower. Betsy Ross edition.

Nice looking stuff. Makes me sad that it’ll be sitting around a year or two before I can do anything with it.

chesapeakeIRON

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2012
    Harford County
    Oh, Aero M5 upper and lower. Betsy Ross edition.

Nice looking stuff. Makes me sad that it’ll be sitting around a year or two before I can do anything with it.

At least you'll be able to do it, and you got a good deal on the upper and lower. The tortoise always wins

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    At least you'll be able to do it, and you got a good deal on the upper and lower. The tortoise always wins

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup, that’s what I cared about, getting out ahead of possible MD stupidity.

Now I’ll be slightly less panicked if I am panic buying in a few months (still considering picking up another one, or hell even two, and a couple/few AR-15 lowers before Jan).

Kind of just have to evaluate my time and finances.

I am trying to be a good boy and stay away from the Depot section and off all my favorite window shopping sites till Black Friday.

At a minimum I need a safe (residential securitized container) before I build or buy anything else. My locker is full (okay, I can squeeze one more non-scoped/pistol grip long gun in it I put it in upside down). Part of my Black Friday purchasing plans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom