• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    ...and it feels v very weird.

Having been living in Texas for almost two years now, and being licensed to carry, it's very weird and a little disconcerting on how fast you get to acclimate to always having s gun on you.

But...as of the 11th of the month we have been visiting our son and friends back here in the Peoples Republick Of Maryland, so the gun was unloaded at the border and stowed in the car truck and then in John's house. Resorted back to the old blackthorn stick, pepper spray, and sometimes a medium crescent wrench in the back pocket under a shirt tail. Like when in Baltimore going to Little Italy and dinner at Sabatino's. Their lasagna is worth killing for!!!!

So, I've been musing on how fast you get used to something. Like getting up in the morning and putting on pants, keys, wallet, gun, cell phone... just like it's nothing. I really had not given it much thought until getting here to Maryland and not having it one getting dressed in the morning. A definite strong sense of something missing. Like when you lose a tooth, the tongue keeps exploring that empty space until the implant gets in there.

Living most of my adult life in Maryland, raising a family and all that stuff, I never really thought about it much. Okay, I didn't live in a place that allowed gun carry, so I just carried a stout stick and pepper spray and kept a few other items handy like Sear's Craftsman adjustable wrench, ball peen hammer on floor of old truck, and such. I guess I was just used to it. People get used to conditions. But when conditions change it can be startling.

Don't really know where I was going with this, but just a commentary on it, and maybe a realization of and a reminder of what it was like living in a place where firearm carry is a big no-no. Makes me realize all over again how I appreciate living in a state that lets me have ALL of my constitutional rights, including the 2d amendment.

Can't wait the next few days until I hit the road out of here and back home to Texas. I'll miss the few family I have left here and the two old friends still here, but we all have phones to keep in touch.

Yeah funny how it is so second d nature to me to have a pistol on me. I put it on like I put keys in pocket, cell phone Holder on ect. I still am 100% aware of muzzle control, just so natural to have it.

Cold Steel

Sep 26, 2006
    Bethesda, MD
    In all truth, I've never really needed a gun here in Maryland except in Baltimore. The only reason I stay here is because I'm tied here. If not, I'd move so far away that no one will have ever heard of the state. In the meantime I wonder why people in this crummy state are the way they are. What god drove them to being so insufferably antigun and liberal? During the War of 1861, Lincoln disbanded Maryland's General Assembly and appointed his own General Assembly, and I've wondered if that had anything to do with it. Where I live my neighbors all assume everyone is as liberal as they. What arrogance! One of our neighbors cut down a tree and another rushed out of her house literally in tears. You would have thought the first neighbors were murdering kittens the way she was carrying on! And she was furious that my wife had given the first neighbors access to the tree through our yard. Naturally, she's also horrendously antigun!

I lived in Virginia in the 1980s and back then I never knew people could be like they are here. It's like a form of insanity. Most of the state's ills come from Baltimore's liberal bent, but they seem to also be all throughout Montgomery County. When I take photos of my guns outdoors, I'm always afraid neighbors will see me, and of course I can't shoot my air pistol, even though my back yard is completely fenced in and I have a dirty backdrop. Just shooting an air pistol in this part of Maryland can put one in prison!

It's amazing people like this exist. If they ever do away with the electoral college, those kinds of people will rule America. In the meantime, one can still carry a decent sized knife in Maryland. You can carry a large folder in the pocket, but fixed blade knives have to be carried in plain view.

cb51

In all truth, I've never really needed a gun here in Maryland except in Baltimore. The only reason I stay here is because I'm tied here. If not, I'd move so far away that no one will have ever heard of the state. In the meantime I wonder why people in this crummy state are the way they are. What god drove them to being so insufferably antigun and liberal? During the War of 1861, Lincoln disbanded Maryland's General Assembly and appointed his own General Assembly, and I've wondered if that had anything to do with it. Where I live my neighbors all assume everyone is as liberal as they. What arrogance! One of our neighbors cut down a tree and another rushed out of her house literally in tears. You would have thought the first neighbors were murdering kittens the way she was carrying on! And she was furious that my wife had given the first neighbors access to the tree through our yard. Naturally, she's also horrendously antigun!

I lived in Virginia in the 1980s and back then I never knew people could be like they are here. It's like a form of insanity. Most of the state's ills come from Baltimore's liberal bent, but they seem to also be all throughout Montgomery County. When I take photos of my guns outdoors, I'm always afraid neighbors will see me, and of course I can't shoot my air pistol, even though my back yard is completely fenced in and I have a dirty backdrop. Just shooting an air pistol in this part of Maryland can put one in prison!

It's amazing people like this exist. If they ever do away with the electoral college, those kinds of people will rule America. In the meantime, one can still carry a decent sized knife in Maryland. You can carry a large folder in the pocket, but fixed blade knives have to be carried in plain view.

I hear ya and that's all the reasons why I left. When we passed the border on September 29th and I saw the big "Welcome To Texas" sign a few miles out of Shreveport, I felt a very definite feeling of relief to be back in Texas. I highly doubt that short of a actual death of one of the few family or friends left in Maryland, I will ever be back.

Just ain't gonna do it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom