• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HonestFool03

Feb 24, 2009
    So, I'mm building a 9mm AR. The lower is going to be patterned on glock mags, not colt. I decided to go this route as I have a number of glocks so mag interchangeability will be an added bonus.

Wondering what the consensus is on Pmags functionality on glocks. I have pmags for my standard AR's and never had an issue, and I know magpul builds quality shit. I'm assuming they are good to go, but I want to verify this before grabbing a couple of the high capacity mags.

I know glock mags works but finding them is hit or miss. The Pmags seems much easier to locate.

Rome

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    i bought a handful of pmags for my glock 19. have worked just as good as the glock versions. that said, with mag prices way down, i'd prob just buy glock mags if i needed more.

btw, check out the glock 31 round mags and the taylor freelance +10's to get you to 41 rounds! that's what you want!

HonestFool03

Feb 24, 2009
    Thanks for the info guys.

To clarify, I was talking about the 31 round 9mm mags. I saw ZERO of them at the huge oaks gun show last weekend...just a ton of cheap korean made mags.....I didn't trust them.

Thanks for the link for the free lance extenders. I'll give em a shot. Do you have any experience with them? particularly running them through a carbine?

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA

To clarify, I was talking about the 31 round 9mm mags. I saw ZERO of them at the huge oaks gun show last weekend...just a ton of cheap korean made mags.....I didn't trust them.

Thanks for the link for the free lance extenders. I'll give em a shot. Do you have any experience with them? particularly running them through a carbine?

yes i have shot a couple of matches with my PCC using the taylor +10 extensions (the extension and their spring) with OEM glock 31 rounders and have had no issues.

https://www.shootersconnectionstore...ck-Mag-Kit-Ext-for-PPC-41-1-rounds-P4271.aspx

Add our +10 extension kit to your Glock 31-round magazine and transform it into a giggle-worthy 41+1 round BIG stick.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck

The Korean mags by SGM Tactical are good to go. I have used them quite a bit and know several others that have too with no failures.

slybarman

low speed high drag 9-5er
    Feb 10, 2013
    I am thinking of trying Pmags just because Glock mags are such a pain in the rear to disassemble.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    I have had no issues with my mags in my G19. I think I have 3-5 Magpul mags and have used them at steel shoots. No issues at all.

slybarman

low speed high drag 9-5er
    Feb 10, 2013
    Not at all you just need the right tool. The gtul is amazing, disassemble and reassemble in under one minute.

http://www.mygtul.com/

Available on Amazon too
    Thanks. I've seen that. I don't want to have to buy/use a special tool just to take my mags apart. I don't get what problem Glock thought they were fixing. Never had my taurus, Walther, or XD magazines fly apart on me Willy nilly.

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

Z_Man

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2014
    Harford County
    i have 3 in the glock 17 size and 4 in the glock 19 size and have had zero issues after about 1000 rounds total split between them. i prefer the factory mags for SD duty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom