• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Robert1955

Ultimate Member
    Dec 25, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    As my thread title says I am looking for recomendations in the A.A. County area for a gunsmith to work on a GP100, I need to have the cylinders cleaned up, previous owner shot alot of 38 Special wadcutters and did not properly clean it up.

My Toy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 31, 2008
    Westminster
    Check out Brownell’s website for “Lewis Lead Remover” they work pretty well. They don’t cost that much; you will be able to do it yourself and have it for future use.

GunBum

Feb 21, 2018
    SW Missouri
    I shoot a lot of lead out of my .357’s. There are 2 easy solutions, other than not shooting lead. :lol2:

The Lewis Lead Remover is a good option. It’ll take out the lead residue lickety split.

There are lead removing patches and cloths as well. Less effort to push through the cylinder than the Lewis Lead Remover, but takes more passes.

https://www.brownells.com/gun-clean...rs/solvents/lead-remover-cloth-prod59702.aspx

A not so easy option is what I did after a few years. I made what is basically an unhardened chamber reamer. It’s softer than the cylinder, and harder than the lead. A couple twists, and the lead is gone.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      93.3 KB · Views: 224

ironhead7544

Oct 27, 2018
    Try using Chore Boy All Copper scouring pad material. Wrap some of the material around a bore brush for a very tight fit. This can also be used to remove lead from the bore.

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    Lots of gunsmiths have a long backlog. I would use one of the above methods to clean it up before leaving it at a shop for months till you get your turn on the bench.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom