• ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Looks like he was also making machine guns.....
    .....the ATF purchased six automatic and semi-automatic assault rifles as well as two silencers from Candelario.

Seems he got off easy, probably a Clinton Foundation contributor.:D

Lloyd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2012
    FEMA Camp
    Neither of those should be illegal. B.S. laws.

I somewhat disagree.

He was selling them to who knows who, but more than likely people that we mostly agree are not responsible enough/ have a history of violent behavior.

For himself, perhaps, but selling to those who are criminals, not so much.

IMO he got off easy and he gives gun owners a bad rep and will likely increase the scrutiny on 80%

Mike

Propietario de casa, Toluca, México
    MDS Supporter
    Neither of those should be illegal. B.S. laws.

I somewhat disagree.

He was selling them to who knows who, but more than likely people that we mostly agree are not responsible enough/ have a history of violent behavior.

For himself, perhaps, but selling to those who are criminals, not so much.

IMO he got off easy and he gives gun owners a bad rep and will likely increase the scrutiny on 80%

If someone is not "good enough" to possess a firearm, then they should not be free to roam the streets with the rest of us. So back to what Pushrod said.

nmyers

Jul 9, 2016
    Seems odd that the only place we heard of this story is a 1-man blog. Nothing in the Baltimore Sun.

Also seems odd that headline seeker Rosenstein didn't refer the case to the feds for prosecution.

Also seems odd that someone who would do anything this stupid is smart enough to know how to convert a semi-auto AR to full auto.

I don't know, I would like to see another source for this article.

gorckat

Sep 4, 2013
    Dundalk
    Seems odd that the only place we heard of this story is a 1-man blog. Nothing in the Baltimore Sun.

Also seems odd that headline seeker Rosenstein didn't refer the case to the feds for prosecution.

Also seems odd that someone who would do anything this stupid is smart enough to know how to convert a semi-auto AR to full auto.

I don't know, I would like to see another source for this article.

Looks like the Dagger is a copy paste from the .gov site:

https://www.justice.gov/usao-md/pr/...after-pleading-guilty-possession-unregistered

Edit: It was already in US District court, so no referral to feds needed.

His local case history suggests he either has a good attorney, or someone at the fed level had them stet a bunch of charges to wrap this case up.

sbmike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2011
    Almost Heaven, WV
    If someone is not "good enough" to possess a firearm, then they should not be free to roam the streets with the rest of us. So back to what Pushrod said.

So if a felon completes his or her sentence and is freed, they should be able to go out and legally buy a firearm? Given the recidivism rate for the majority of criminals, do think that is a wise concept?

Lloyd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2012
    FEMA Camp

Duly noted, but we all know how well that has been working. We have to work in world we live, and not some hypothetical utopia.

My statement stands...

So if a felon completes his or her sentence and is freed, they should be able to go out and legally buy a firearm? Given the recidivism rate for the majority of criminals, do think that is a wise concept?

This

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    If someone is not "good enough" to possess a firearm, then they should not be free to roam the streets with the rest of us.

yep if they can't be trusted with (or to abstain from) guns or violence, they should remain in jail. don't infringe on us law-abiding folks' 2A rights because you want to let violent criminals out of jail but still don't trust them.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    He's a playa. I did a search on his name and brought up his facebook page. There are a few pictures of him with an AR15. But mostly he's a lady's man. I wonder how much sleep he's going to get in those 41 months. Interesting thing, his sister is now posting updates on his FB page and she said he was facing 10 years. Does that sound about right? Seems a little light to me.

aireyc

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Anybody who thinks physical items can be banned in any capacity is no better than the antis as far as I'm concerned. How do people not realize that if you think you should deny someone access to something, you're no different than the very people you fight against? You just want to ban a different set of things under the premise that "MY BANS/RESTRICTIONS WILL ACTUALLY DO GOOD" while dismissing someone else's view that is essentially the same. Until people wake up to the fact that the left and right are very similar in logic, we're going to keep circling the drain. So basically that means forever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom