• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    I've always thought I needed to do this show at least once. I can assure everyone that this will NOT be the time. Going to be way over crowded and over priced. I plan to stay as far away from VA as possible this weekend.

Skins_Brew

loves the smell of cosmo
    Mar 4, 2009
    moйтgomeяу сoцйту
    I cannot even imagine how crowded this place will be or how much. The shitty thing is that I would love to go for some stuff that is even going to be in high demand. I would love to fondle and measure some garand oprods, as I need a new one. I also need some small rifle primers and powder (the small rifle primers might be a hot item though).

ItsGarand

-> TEUFELSBERG <-
    May 28, 2008
    Annapolis, MD
    If you want I'll let you stand outside my house for 2hrs in the cold, then I'll kick you in the junk, charge you $10, and sell you almost anything I have for 3 times the price that it was last month:)

:lol: That's funny right there. And true.

I have friends from the club going today -I'm passing on it. Not worth spending a kitchen pass on.

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    For those who can make it down on Friday, be sure to look out for the Code Pink freaks protesting against the gun show.
    Ask them why there are no mass shootings at gun shows where there are literally thousands of guns laying around everywhere.
    Since guns are so evil and deadly you would think gun shows would be the most dangerous places on earth!
    http://www.codepink4peace.org/article.php?id=6313

Yep, news said they will be there. Hopefully at least some hotties will show! If not, can we charge them with trespassing and have them removed in cuffs? :-)

Jan 30, 2011
    Port Republic Md
    Save yourself some money and go to Quantico Tactical for the mags. BTW what a hellish commute:eek:

Well I know what I want and know what I can pay online or from a local shop. And I have to drive right past it anyways Sooo...

And maybe the protestor's will have some Hotties in it!!! And who know Maybe I get on NBC news or something!!!! :party29:

My Drive? Yeah it is hellish almost 90 miles each direction but I'm thinking of retiring soon!!

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    Well I know what I want and know what I can pay online or from a local shop. And I have to drive right past it anyways Sooo...

And maybe the protestor's will have some Hotties in it!!! And who know Maybe I get on NBC news or something!!!! :party29:

My Drive? Yeah it is hellish almost 90 miles each direction but I'm thinking of retiring soon!!

Crap I spent 6months commuting from Dentsville to Aberdeen.

Wreck

Mar 9, 2012
    Bethesda
    I was thinking about going to get some reloading supplies, mainly powder, for a buddy. Does anyone know the status on reloading supplies? Is it going crazy like ammo and ar stuff? I personally don't reload, so any input would be appreciated. Good local suppliers in or around Bethesda?

doofoo

Dec 28, 2009
    I think I'm going to head out there. I'll have a few PS90 50 round mag's with me if anyone wants them. I sold my PS90 a long time ago, don't need them anymore. PM me if you'll be at the show and want to buy them relatively cheap.

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    It will be zoo with no AR parts or ammo. If you're looking for beef jerky or ugly jewelry, you'll be set, otherwise, I'd skip it.

ETA: Ok, I just read code pink will be there, so I may go just to make fun of them. Maybe I'll bring an AR I'm looking to sell. :D

doofoo

Dec 28, 2009
    It will be zoo with no AR parts or ammo. If you're looking for beef jerky or ugly jewelry, you'll be set, otherwise, I'd skip it.

ETA: Ok, I just read code pink will be there, so I may go just to make fun of them. Maybe I'll bring an AR I'm looking to sell. :D

I figure I'll just go for lunch, swing by and see how it is. I'm going to bring some magazines I have for gun's I no longer have. Maybe I can sell them, and if I see anything interesting I'll pick some C&R stuff up.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    All normal bets are off when it comes to advice on gun shows right now. I went to the Doswell, VA, show last weekend and ended up getting there an hour early. There were already 150 or more people in line. By the time the doors opened, the line was many times that long, and there were very few vendors inside with guns and ammo. Many of those that I expected to see had passed it up because they didn't have enough stuff to sell. If I were only going after antique and very specialized older weapons, it would be worthwhile to go, but the wholesalers are already out of nearly all ammo and the majority of more modern firearms. I think there's going to be slim pickin's there, and suspect that the few who show up may be charging obscene prices.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    This was stated in a different thread, but if you decide to go, consider NOT engaging the Code Pink idiots. They want the confrontations and publicity and you'll only be feeding the bear.

The best thing a gun owner/advocate could do is to totally ignore them, parade by with your rifle on your shoulder or purchases in hand, but otherwise ignore their very existence. As hard as that would be for some of us, IT WOULD PISS THEM OFF TO NO END to have no confrontations with gun owners and rob them of valuable press exposure.

doofoo

Dec 28, 2009
    An here now.. Lots of people in line.. See pics below. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356723065.421954.jpg

Will post pics of interesting finds inside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom