• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Watchmyshoes

Nov 8, 2012
    Thought about making that move myself... Definitely changed my mind after how the past few weeks have been... I wouldn't put it pass ppl to sit for hours in the cold to pay two and three times over for mags, ammo and ar's... Smh

spitfire481

Mar 31, 2012
    Glen Burnie Md
    Ill be there, mostly for something to do. Only thing Id like to buy at the moment are some magpul mbus sights. Original plan was 30rd pmags, what a joke that is now given the current situation :sad20:

doofoo

Dec 28, 2009
    Apparently there will be some nut's there protesting the show.. lol That should be interesting.

Anyone from SoMD heading up? I was thinking about going, but really didn't want to drive up myself. Wanted some PMag's, but I'd rather not have them at the crazy prices.

gabe72

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2012
    sharpsburg
    Was going to set up Friday and Saturday at a friends table after doing some inventory this weekend,multiple ar's,lowers,and a sub 2000 I never shot but helped a guy out of last Christmas for christmas shopping money, dozens of ar mags and drums,been wanting to buy an rpd but prices up on them too,now with the weather towing is thru the roof right now I'm short handed so won't be able to set up,couple dealers I know said there inventory is low for the show and many are selling on the net,I wonder if the suppliers are helping to create a shortage.

doofoo

Dec 28, 2009
    Was going to set up Friday and Saturday at a friends table after doing some inventory this weekend,multiple ar's,lowers,and a sub 2000 I never shot but helped a guy out of last Christmas for christmas shopping money, dozens of ar mags and drums,been wanting to buy an rpd but prices up on them too,now with the weather towing is thru the roof right now I'm short handed so won't be able to set up,couple dealers I know said there inventory is low for the show and many are selling on the net,I wonder if the suppliers are helping to create a shortage.

What are you planning on selling AR mag's and drum's for? Just curious, trying to figure out what the mindset is on pricing to figure out if I should make the trip.

Polecat

R.I.P.
    Feb 4, 2008
    Southern Maryland
    Let us know if you ARE planning to set up Friday at least and how to locate you. I would rather support MDS members but realize prices will be higher.

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    If you want I'll let you stand outside my house for 2hrs in the cold, then I'll kick you in the junk, charge you $10, and sell you almost anything I have for 3 times the price that it was last month:)

Would also save you gas money.

Kidding aside, I went there a few months ago since I have a bud in the area. It was drizzling rain and a LONG line. We opted to spend our $20 to get in on other things and went to look at the NRA museum. Plus, the line at that show just rubs me wrong. They can't find more people to take your money?

It was a great show when it started but keeps getting watered down.

2flhun

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2009
    Mont Co
    Be on the look for new gun owners at Hooter's. If one of those boobs gets hit due to a ND, there could be silicon in your beer.

Willard's has decent barbecue and the Chicago Dawg place is not bad.

As for the gun show itself, good luck finding a good deal. It will be like a sinner trying to find salvation on judgement day. It might happen, but it will take a huge miracle

Polecat

R.I.P.
    Feb 4, 2008
    Southern Maryland
    Be on the look for new gun owners at Hooter's. If one of those boobs gets hit due to a ND, there could be silicon in your beer.

Willard's has decent barbecue and the Chicago Dawg place is not bad.

As for the gun show itself, good luck finding a good deal. It will be like a sinner trying to find salvation on judgement day. It might happen, but it will take a huge miracle
    Where is Willards?

aht2131

Aug 5, 2011
    I've never been but was thinking about checking this out myself. Would it even be worth it to go for non AR type items like a 91/30 and other surplus stuff given recent events?

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    I've never been but was thinking about checking this out myself. Would it even be worth it to go for non AR type items like a 91/30 and other surplus stuff given recent events?

yes.. plenty of c&r.. but they have been a bit high last time i went past summer.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    For those who can make it down on Friday, be sure to look out for the Code Pink freaks protesting against the gun show.
    Ask them why there are no mass shootings at gun shows where there are literally thousands of guns laying around everywhere.
    Since guns are so evil and deadly you would think gun shows would be the most dangerous places on earth!
    http://www.codepink4peace.org/article.php?id=6313

systemmaster

MDS Supporter
    Dec 31, 2009
    Lost
    My advice, WAIT! I've been to Nations twice (both times on Saturday) and it was busy both times. I can imagine this will be a madhouse with little selection, no mags, and no or overpriced ammo. I'm waiting a few months for dealers to restock and the crazy buying to die down. York SAR show is in March I believe and it's the best show in the area.

Dan44

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2008
    I'm thinking of selling some AK mags and ammo Sat. If I do I'll list them here first for FTF on Saturday

Jan 30, 2011
    Port Republic Md
    I live in Calvert county but work in Ashburn Va so I drive right past the Expo Center daily. I'll be leaving work today at 2:00 so I'll stop by. If it isnt too crowded I'll stop in for a while! Check out Bulk Ammo prices and some Mags for my new AR15. I'll be the damn good lookin bald guy there with a black & gray "Mach1" hat on! :?)

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    I live in Calvert county but work in Ashburn Va so I drive right past the Expo Center daily. I'll be leaving work today at 2:00 so I'll stop by. If it isnt too crowded I'll stop in for a while! Check out Bulk Ammo prices and some Mags for my new AR15. I'll be the damn good lookin bald guy there with a black & gray "Mach1" hat on! :?)

Save yourself some money and go to Quantico Tactical for the mags. BTW what a hellish commute:eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom