• jkray

Jul 13, 2011
    Germantown
    just got my tickets in the mail should be a good day

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    MSI PLease pursue....

THIS EVENT WAS CANCELLED LAST MINUTE UNDER PRESSURING AND SHENANIGANS FROM AT LEAST A COUNTY COUNCIL MEMBER.

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    MSI PLease pursue....

THIS EVENT WAS CANCELLED LAST MINUTE UNDER PRESSURING AND SHENANIGANS FROM AT LEAST A COUNTY COUNCIL MEMBER.

Ok so name the offender so we can complain. I don't see where a County member of any council has anything to do with this event. State the facts ?

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    I don't have a name.

Just basics of what happened, what I was told.

A vendor there was to be contacting the NRA as he had a lot to lose and the manner it which it was taken was severely inappropriate.

The VFD seems to have lost a lot too with food and beverage.

The gist of the concern was the county just held a gun buy back program how dare the county push out murder weapons back onto the streets.

jkray

Jul 13, 2011
    Germantown
    MSI PLease pursue....

As I understood it, it was not canceled but postponed to 8 December. And it was becuase although they had an event permit from the county, the county said it wasn't enough and they needed an additional permit.

this from their website http://www.accokeekvfd.com/home.php
    It is with deep regret, that we must post-pone the Gun Bash Fundraiser event scheduled for tomorrow, October 27, 2012. The Accokeek Volunteer Fire Department currently holds an event permit and we were under the impression that this permit would suffice. However, at 6pm this evening, we were notified by Prince Georges County that we did not have the proper permit.
    The tentative reschedule date is Saturday, December 8, 2012.
    If you chose to have your ticket refunded, we will certainly do so, otherwise your ticket will be valid for the event in December. Please contact Josh Carlson at (240)427-6267 for a full refund.
    Again, we deeply regret any inconvenience this may have caused and look forward to seeing you all in December.
    Glenn Sherman, President
    Accokeek VFD

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    I got information real time. That information above has the convenience of time to word things nicely, think of an out. There have been many phone calls and emails and letters addressing this between the shut down and that announcement.

I am glad to see they will hold the event. But do not doubt if the county council member had their way this would never happen I suspect.

The event was shut down the night before. And it is not postponed. It is tentatively scheduled. They still need the proper permits they were unable to get before.

But what do I know. Just second and third hand info anyhow. I'm just speculating.

jkray

Jul 13, 2011
    Germantown
    I got information real time. That information above has the convenience of time to word things nicely, think of an out. There have been many phone calls and emails and letters addressing this between the shut down and that announcement.

I am glad to see they will hold the event. But do not doubt if the county council member had their way this would never happen I suspect.

The event was shut down the night before. And it is not postponed. It is tentatively scheduled. They still need the proper permits they were unable to get before.

But what do I know. Just second and third hand info anyhow. I'm just speculating.

I have no doubt that you are right in the council member had a S#!% fit over this happening. However i respectfully dissagree with the bold above, while i know they still need to get the proper permits the press release specifically says that it is postponed. The tentatively scheduled date in my mind would be to make sure they had the right permits and they had coverage for their shifts as well as enough people to man the event. But just like you I am speculating and i have a tendency to be too trusting with what people say they will do. I hope it happens. I was bummed it diddnt happen on the 27th cause that was my B-Day and winning a gun would have been a great present

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    I hope someone more in the know can speak on this issue.

And it is an issue. The use of permits and feelings getting in the way of a totally legal way to fundraise and entertain.

jkray

Jul 13, 2011
    Germantown
    I hope someone more in the know can speak on this issue.

And it is an issue. The use of permits and feelings getting in the way of a totally legal way to fundraise and entertain.

agreed, maybe they should hold the event outside of PG county so they wont even have to deal with them...

jkray

Jul 13, 2011
    Germantown
    But why......

Why bend? Why break?

Well it looks like they had to bend a little. PG County denied their permits so they are holding it in Charles County. This from their website

http://www.accokeekvfd.com/home.php

ATTENTION ALL GUN BASHERS.. PG COUNTY HAS GOTTEN US AGAIN!!!!! THEY HAVE DENIED THE PERMIT FOR US TO HAVE THIS FUNDRAISER AT OUR STATION, THERE FORE WE WILL BE MOVING OUR EVENT TO A NEW VENUE IN AWESOME CHARLES COUNTY!!!! THE ADDRESS IS : THE WHITE PLAINS MOOSE LODGE 4765 Crain Highway WALDORF MD. Please pass the word around and Cant wait to see you there !!! Any questions please call josh 240 427 6267--------- Still on DECEMBER 8th 2012.. 12 to 5

I just spoke with Josh Carlson and he said they still have ticekts available if anyone wants to go! I will be there

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    I spoke to Josh today and it really sounds like they got screwed. I'm glad to hear that he was able to secure another location out of the county.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom