• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • I remember going to alot of different gun/militaria shows yrs. ago at different places. Some of them put on by the current promoters (Silverado,Appalachian,etc.),but some I believe were "independent" or local organizations.Pikesville Armory,Westminster AG center,etc.
    Are any of these still going on or has it all died off in Md. and gone to the promoters??

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    I used to go to the gun shows at the Pikesville Armory. The last gun show I went to was in 1990 or 91, at Pikesville.

Everyone seems to say the gun shows suck nowadays, and I haven't bothered to go to one recently.

sykesville

Ultimate Member
    I think gun shows are good for several reasons. In no particular order:
    - supports local small businesses
    - keeps money in state
    - can touch or at least see products in person before buying
    - can speak with many knowledgable people about the products while in one place
    - the better they do, the better vendors/products they will attract
    - provides an event to later talk about on mdshooters
    - and more
    As far as the show being put on by a promoter, someone has to organize it, and the promoter is providing a service to the vendors in doing so

LoneRanger

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 22, 2009
    I live a stone's throw away from Tall Cedars. They still have gun shows. Last one I went stopped by was sometime last year....it was the same weekend as one of the Harrisburg shows.

As someone else pointed out, the shows like that are not too well advertised.

gov2mod

May 1, 2009
    I'll be at the Easton show on Saturday. It's a small show held once a year but a good one, I never miss it.

pop-gunner

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2008
    I remember going to one at the Greenbelt National Guard Armory a log time ago. Can't remember when might have been 30 years ago.

I remember the Greenbelt show through the 70s and 80s and ending in the early 90s. I remember the beer machine back by the snack bar.
    What a great concept.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom