• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    It is my understanding that Centurion is manufactured by Aguila.

There is an aguila centurion but there is also a brand named centurion that is made by someone else. Guess it could be made in the same factory but I know there is a brand named centurion as well as a line but they aren't directly related as far as I know.

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    There is an aguila centurion but there is also a brand named centurion that is made by someone else. Guess it could be made in the same factory but I know there is a brand named centurion as well as a line but they aren't directly related as far as I know.

My google fu tells me that Centurion is based in Texas and is the importer of Aguila. They also import their private label (Centurion), which is made in the same factory. This factory was originally set up by Remington some time in the 60's.

For anyone who couldn't make it to Annapolis today, there are some various types of Aguila brand .22 LR ammo available at Natchez and on MidwayUSA.com:

http://www.natchezss.com/ammo.cfm?c...ammoSize=196&category=3&outOfStock=0&orderBy=

http://www.midwayusa.com/find?sortb...ewcategorydimensionid=16327&statuses=In Stock

Thanks and selling quick! I had some Aguila available and in the cart at Midway, got a second opinion on 30 grain ammo from a buddy and now POOF out of stock. SOB.

DarthZed

Ultimate Member
    Sep 25, 2010
    Howard County
    Meh, I bought a bunch of ammo on backorder for reasonable prices at Midway and Sportsmans Guide. They will get here...whenever. Just got an e-mail from midway a few minutes ago saying that they had shipped some of my .22lr bricks which had arrived in-stock.

I mean seriously, unless you NEED IT RIGHT NOW. Just order it online from whomever has a decent price, and it'll arrive in a month or so. Most sites don't charge you till it ships, so no skin off your nose to put an order in.

720Deere

Dec 6, 2009
    I sure hope that once things calm down that people take this as a lesson in sufficient inventory! I never used to keep more than 1 or 2 shooting trips worth of anything in stock, but some odd instinct caused me to start building an inventory last year. I still don't have what I would call "sufficient supply", but I have enough that I only buy ammo right now when I find it at the price I am accustomed to paying.

Sporting clays is my highest volume shooting and I reload my own shotgun shells. I learned several years ago to keep at least a 1 year supply of all components on hand at all times. You never know when a powder factory is going to have a convenient explosion and cause a huge shortage and the lead market is always volatile. When you have a large inventory, it allows you some flexibility in replacing inventory at the right price.

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    I haven't been able to find any .22LR.

Luckily I have a couple packs of minimags and a couple federal bulk packs to last me a little while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom