• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T48

Mar 5, 2018
    Anne Arundel Co.
    I went to the show on Friday. The $16.00 stung a bit and was a total surprise to everyone in line. But I was already there. That show had more military arms dealers there than the shows in Pa like York, Oaks and Harrisburg so it was more inline with my current interest. What cheeses me off Is how show the show promoters are taking advantage of the current negativity on gun rights.

edrod68

Jun 6, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    There was a lot of older military rifles/pistols present, but at ridiculous prices....

I looked over a fair number of SKS's....but once again prices were WAY high...plus a lot of SKS's advertised as Chinese military issue but obviously commercial parts builds....and cobbled together Russian SKS's advertised as original issue....no thanks....

Livingthedream

Feb 20, 2017
    Yeah, that $16 entry fee is really going to make me rethink going again. I will have to be really looking for something. I went this time mainly for mags and the added cost of entry could have just bought me a po box.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    Yeah, that $16 entry fee is really going to make me rethink going again. I will have to be really looking for something. I went this time mainly for mags and the added cost of entry could have just bought me a po box.

GMTA

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD

I think I am done with Chantilly. The only real reason I went was because I would usually stop by Georgia Arms and pick up some ammo they make that I like and maybe a magazine or two. For 16 bucks, that will pay for shipping from GA and for guns I just drive up to Grice's or I will hit the York show.

They have priced me out of being a customer.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    So, vis a vis the holster-maker who's on site... what's the process with him? You bring your gun, leave it with him for a bit, and then get your holster and pay up? Anyone know if he can do guns with lights on them? Anyone know his website?

I have been taking classes again, and this has brought to the forefront the complete inadequacy of my holster situation... I had to scramble like crazy to find ANYTHING in stock for my G17 with TLR-2, and the Fobus I wound up with doesn't inspire a whole lot of confidence.

Sleepy

Jan 19, 2013
    I used to go once a year just to buy magazines but between the new admission fee and the overpriced magazines it's just not worth it.

Not to mention having to deal with Northern Virginia traffic.

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    I skipped the last show there, but I think that I will go to this one.
    I want to pick up some more standard capacity mags for some of my latest purchases.
    I will just renew my NRA membership to get in.
    Charging $16 to get in is too much, that was a 33% increase over the previous cost of $12.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    no more Chantilly for me. high entrance fee , high prices, nasty vendors and sucky traffic.

Clifjr

Feb 2, 2014
    Germantown
    Just curious about the NRA renewal cost, I’m already a life member but if I donate the one year renewal cost at the NRA table outside would that get me in for free? I’d rather the NRA have my money than the show promoter.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Gotta say, I am thinking about joining up with the NRA. I shoot at their range so much now that it would save me money, and free admission to the show would just get me my money back even faster.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Just curious about the NRA renewal cost, I’m already a life member but if I donate the one year renewal cost at the NRA table outside would that get me in for free? I’d rather the NRA have my money than the show promoter.

When I didn't need an extended year NRA membership myself, I gave a 1 yr. gift membership and they were happy to give me an admission ticket. Just have the donee's name and contact info with you so you can fill out the paperwork.

offthepaper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 7, 2007
    Harford County
    When I didn't need an extended year NRA membership myself, I gave a 1 yr. gift membership and they were happy to give me an admission ticket. Just have the donee's name and contact info with you so you can fill out the paperwork.

Great gift idea.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Why not join MSI (Maryland Shall Issue) and volunteer a few hours time? Free entry into the show, and maybe you can wangle a discount with your vendor's badge.

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD

Better yet...donate to your favorite liberal friend and watch the drama.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom