• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SigDog

Feb 11, 2013
    West Virginia
    Does anyone have any experience doing/being a private dealer at a Maryland gun show?
    I know there's a provision for a non FFL individual to get a weekend "license"to sell your guns at a gun show.
    Anyone ever done that?
    Feedback appreciated.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    Does anyone have any experience doing/being a private dealer at a Maryland gun show?
    I know there's a provision for a non FFL individual to get a weekend "license"to sell your guns at a gun show.
    Anyone ever done that?
    Feedback appreciated.

You dont need a weekend license to do a show a couple times a year.(non regulated only).
    be aware that Silverado gunshows doesnt allow this, with the exception of antiques.
    There is nothing yet that prevents you from walking around as a customer with a rifle/shotgun on your shoulder to sell or trade.
    Appalachian promotions will let you set up tables of non regulated guns at their shows.

jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    You dont need a weekend license to do a show a couple times a year.(non regulated only).
    be aware that Silverado gunshows doesnt allow this, with the exception of antiques.
    There is nothing yet that prevents you from walking around as a customer with a rifle/shotgun on your shoulder to sell or trade.
    Appalachian promotions will let you set up tables of non regulated guns at their shows.

I wasn't aware of this, I was planning on renting a few tables and perhaps selling a few non-regulated rifles FTF as well. I will have to check into this, doesn't make sense you can walk around and sell but a paying vendor can't have the same right.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    It has to do with the potential issues for the promoter.

You walking around with a sign is nothing they can control. But if they rent you a table and you do something illegal, it may come back at them.

jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    I just got off the phone with Frank at Silverado Promotions and he wanted this forum to know he welcomes private FTF long gun sales from folks who follow the law. He told me he has on a few occasions banned people from private sale because they were violating the Md. laws, but as long as a private vendor is legally selling he is happy to rent them tables.
    If anyone has any questions I suggest you contact him directly, 301-874-5012.

gabe72

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2012
    sharpsburg
    I've rented tables from frank at the martinsburg show,there they had someone doing nics checks for people like me and out of state dealers,also its a smart move to have a dealer lined up to do a transfer or make yourself available for msp transfer,if doing regulated,one tip don't do it by yourself unless u think u can hold the urge for more than 8 hours.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    I just got off the phone with Frank at Silverado Promotions and he wanted this forum to know he welcomes private FTF long gun sales from folks who follow the law. He told me he has on a few occasions banned people from private sale because they were violating the Md. laws, but as long as a private vendor is legally selling he is happy to rent them tables.
    If anyone has any questions I suggest you contact him directly, 301-874-5012.

good to know! he apparently has changed his policy.:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Andre

Latest threads

Top Bottom