• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mic

Jan 30, 2014
    Good Afternoon, long time lurker, first time poster...

So the MSP has changed their SOP to include TS clearance holders as having Good and Substantial reason for Wear and Carry Permits. Would applications using this G&S be considered "Assumed Risk" or "Personal Protection"?

ericahls

Aug 31, 2011
    Elkridge MD
    I have a carry permit with restrictions removed, business owner. After reading the OP's question, it pissed me off. I am so sick and tired of the MSP deciding what LAW ABIDING citizen gets to exercise their CONSTITUTALLY protected rights. Every law-abiding citizen of this state should qualify unless they have been OBJECTIVELY disqualified for some actions on their part, like being a felon or domestic abuse.

Rant over!

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    8/5/19 is the date for that particular Memo , permits for that reason have been issued, with some back & forth on exact parameters , for about 2yrs now .

Welcome OP ! Stop by the Introductions subforum , and recieve greetings, and lots of useful information and helpful links .

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    I have a carry permit with restrictions removed, business owner. After reading the OP's question, it pissed me off. I am so sick and tired of the MSP deciding what LAW ABIDING citizen gets to exercise their CONSTITUTALLY protected rights. Every law-abiding citizen of this state should qualify unless they have been OBJECTIVELY disqualified for some actions on their part, like being a felon or domestic abuse.

Rant over!

Yep!

bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD
    8/5/19 is the date for that particular Memo , permits for that reason have been issued, with some back & forth on exact parameters , for about 2yrs now .

Is there a link to the Memo that the public can read?

Kevmo

N00b
    Feb 20, 2009
    Severn
    I submitted app today and sending the check tomorrow. fingers crossed. I put personal protection... since.. according to the website, assumed risk is judges, congressmen/woman etc....

Check submitted on the 25 Oct

Today, 28Oct, the application was "accepted"

UPDATE **6 Dec, got a email to set up for my interview** i checked with all my references, noone got a call...

Last edited:

Thunder239

Feb 10, 2014
    I just got my notice yesterday on the portal that I was approved using clearance as G&S. I submitted using assumed risk but the application came back as disapproved for assumed risk and approved under personal protection.

There is a specific format the LD is looking for which is outlined in the Clearance Letter Format thread. Good luck!

Thunder239

Feb 10, 2014
    interesting, i got my email today to set up for a interview, but none of my references have been called.

My interview was setup a week ahead and 3 of my 4 references were called plus my wife a couple days prior to the interview. 48 days application approved!

Kevmo

N00b
    Feb 20, 2009
    Severn
    My interview was setup a week ahead and 3 of my 4 references were called plus my wife a couple days prior to the interview. 48 days application approved!

i've been seeing faster processing times, then again, it's been about 37 days since i submitted my app, and i'm just now getting a interview...

how long after your interview did it get approved?

ST19AG_WGreymon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Odenton
    I sent mine in on the 23rd of October and was setup for an interview yesterday on the 7th. None of my references have been contacted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom