• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Was in Delaware today and stopped at Cabelas to pick up a few AR mags to round out my numbers. Saw 40 round mags for $14.99 and asked an employee why so cheap. When they were restocking someone put them on the wrong peg, so not wanting to be greedy I only bought 4. I then went on to look for some 30rd with windows, same thing. Wrong peg, $12.99. Keep your eyes peeled next time you go.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Great employees.

Once they figured it out, why did they not move them around.

But it only matters what peg, next time I am there, I will move them onto a $1 item peg.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Great employees.

Once they figured it out, why did they not move them around.

But it only matters what peg, next time I am there, I will move them onto a $1 item peg.

She did. There was probably about 30 of them mislabeled on various levels.

c4snipar

Ultimate Member
    Jul 21, 2014
    Montgomery County, MD
    Maybe that was a new gimmick to draw customers to their stores as cabelas business are going down hill. Used to spend at least 500 annually on them, now still got some gift cards need to burn off, but don’t know what to buy as their prices are not in the good deal area.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Maybe that was a new gimmick to draw customers to their stores �� as cabelas business are going down hill. Used to spend at least 500 annually on them, now still got some gift cards need to burn off, but don’t know what to buy as their prices are not in the good deal area.

Sometimes they have great ammo deals, for example recently 380 for .18cpr

Maybe that was a new gimmick to draw customers to their stores �� as cabelas business are going down hill. Used to spend at least 500 annually on them, now still got some gift cards need to burn off, but don’t know what to buy as their prices are not in the good deal area.

Sometimes they have great ammo deals, for example recently 380 for .18cpr

I just ordered some Herters .45 auto for $11.98 a box w/free shipping over $50.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008

Maybe you can find a member to buy them off you? 80-90 cents on the dollar?

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    They seem to be in the process of discontinuing Herters ammo. I know a lot of people bought Herters .30/06 at $9.88 a box or something like that and I saw .243 at that same price. I got some 12ga buck & ball at $5.88 per box of 10.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    From my understanding Herters is made by S&B.

As long as someone mentioned herters, almost nothing was as exciting as receiving that thick catalog in the mail. In homage to herters, i have one of their wood decoy for sale signs hanging in my house. Knock off arbogast lures, russell canadian knives ( have one) flies, reels, fly lines...and prior to ‘68, handguns.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    As long as someone mentioned herters, almost nothing was as exciting as receiving that thick catalog in the mail. In homage to herters, i have one of their wood decoy for sale signs hanging in my house. Knock off arbogast lures, russell canadian knives ( have one) flies, reels, fly lines...and prior to ‘68, handguns.

Yeah, loved that catalog.

I still have my Crosman M1 Carbine BB rifle that I ordered from them.

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    Depending on source, Herter's went belly up in the '77 - '83 timeframe.

BTW - I was a Bicentennial boy....Class of '76...and I remember the catalog.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom