• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ranchero50

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    Just a series of pics of my '39 vintage Winchester Model 62 and '28 vintage Remington Model 12-C.

All of the pictures are clickable for full sized images. Of course they are out of order and show from newest to oldest but...

A lot of rubbing with steel wool and oil worked the rusty film away and brought the color back out.

Lyman sights front and rear really help make the Remi a tack driver.

The Remi was missing the back half of the firing pin but Numrich was able to help make the magic happen. It also needed a lot of rust remediation and removal as seen by the barrel.

Shooting them both the Winchester cycles flawlessly. The Remington struggles a little because it handshakes the rim up through a slot to the bolt. One neat thing is when you cycle the Remington the feed tube moves back with the handle. Both are accurate out to 40 yards versus a 8" steel disc shooting offhand and are quiet enough with the 23" and 24" barrels to not need ears. Both of these old gentlemen are a blast to shoot and enjoy. The Remington a little more with the iron sights though. Just put the front pipper on the target and center the ghost rear ring around it and the steel jumps.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    NIce collection
    22 pumps are underappreciated. I have an old C&R age Savage and it shoots pretty good. Had my newer Henry shooting steel offhand the other day. FUN stuff.

Ranchero50

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    Thanks for the compliments. The Winchester when I got it was painted a very chipped gloss black. Took about a month to work all the old paint off. The Remi came for a bankruptcy sale where the owner never shot a gun, only collected them. Neither show signs of sanding which is pretty cool for the age.

Next up are some lever .22's

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom