• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    Last hunting season my 40+ LL Bean boots were not in good shape. The tread has all worn off and the lowers were cracking bad. Yesterday, I went to slide them on to see if I could get another season and my foot went right through the bottom. So started the search for a replacement, I have extremally wide feet 4E size 9. Damn near impossible to find a hunting boot to fit. When I was a kid we use to wear these green rubber hunting boots and thought of going back to something like that.

Was at Tractor Supply and saw some Mucks. The had some wide ones went to try on a size 9 and could not get my foot in them. Size 10 my foot slid in with little room for a heavy wool sock. Slid on a size 11 and had plenty of room and they fit good on my calves. When I got home I slid on a heavy wool sock and bingo they fit perfect.

It seams the boots run small based on what I have experiences so how does a person with actual size 11 feet deal with the sizes that appear to be running smaller than shown?

Derwood

Ultimate Member
    Jun 2, 2011
    DC area
    I had that happen to my wool-lined bean boots. I called the store in Freeport, ME and a human being with a Maine accent answered. I mailed the boots to them and had the back and repaired a few weeks later. Later last year I went up to ME to go grouse hunting and stopped by that store. I got some of their Kangaroo leather boots as my new backups. They're very comfortable. I ended up wearing them the whole hunting trip and on a few others last season.

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    I had that happen to my wool-lined bean boots. I called the store in Freeport, ME and a human being with a Maine accent answered. I mailed the boots to them and had the back and repaired a few weeks later. Later last year I went up to ME to go grouse hunting and stopped by that store. I got some of their Kangaroo leather boots as my new backups. They're very comfortable. I ended up wearing them the whole hunting trip and on a few others last season.

I use to live up there (Kittery) and as they say anyone south of Kittery is a flat lander. I actually chucked them out 40 years plus. I purchased some Mucks as
    a replacement. It was time anyway I purchased both the Wetland and the winter Mucks. They are really comfy I stomped in the woods upstate NY over Labor Day Holliday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom