• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    Did you just use one host and call it a day? I'm still surprised they don't care about the serial number on the sear anymore.

Yep. I put the serial number in for the sear, but listed the model number of a host. I did not submit a separate firearm entry for the host.

3Zero8

Jun 6, 2013
    Previous Owner?

After selecting “I purchased a firearm from another person”, the online registration is requiring the personal information of the previous owner including their driver’s license… What if you do not have this information? If the purchase was out-of-state then transferred from the previous owner’s FFL to an in-state FFL?

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    Guys, don't ever stress this stuff.... from one my MDTCA Club members that forwarded it to me for general info purposes:

You may enter 01/01/1901 for the birthday if you are unsure of the seller's birthday. You may enter "Unknown" in the driver's license number field. ***Please note that your first machine gun registration, submitted via the Licensing Portal, will generate a warning that you are registering outside of the 24 hour acquisition period. Machine Gun renewals applicants can disregard this warning. All initial machine gun entries into the Licensing Portal will mimic an original registration.

Changing Maryland for the Better
    David Simmons
    Senior Trooper
    Maryland Department of State Police
    Firearms Services Section
    Licensing Division
    1111 Reisterstown Road
    Pikesville, Maryland 21208

N3uka

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2013
    College Park
    I had jumped the gun and renewed just after new portal opened. Came up as initial registration as others have said. Went on today to check and pay an extra $10 to be safe. Saw the following:

renewal.JPG

Guessing that means I am good till next year? Figured being that its Maryland I would double check.

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    What are you guys doing for date acquired? I have my initial paperwork forms for stuff before the last portal, but my past couple of MGs were registered online and now I no longer have access to that system. This is BS, and MSP is incompetent. Everyone knows in the modern age that these registration requirements are pointless, but the penalties for not comply are severe.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    What are you guys doing for date acquired? I have my initial paperwork forms for stuff before the last portal, but my past couple of MGs were registered online and now I no longer have access to that system. This is BS, and MSP is incompetent. Everyone knows in the modern age that these registration requirements are pointless, but the penalties for not comply are severe.

I have the same question

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    I have the same question

I have a feeling the people in charge of this system don't realize that the final date on the Form 4 is when it was approved by the ATF, not when it was picked up.

Good news is that access to the old system is available, and you can find when you initially submitted your other applications. Still not perfect by any means.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I have a feeling the people in charge of this system don't realize that the final date on the Form 4 is when it was approved by the ATF, not when it was picked up.

Good news is that access to the old system is available, and you can find when you initially submitted your other applications. Still not perfect by any means.

I guess I’m just using that. I’d imagine the important point is telling them you have them....and the $5

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region

I have always used the date that I actually took possession of the MG. That corresponds with the date that signed and sent in my MSP initial registration.

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    I have always used the date that I actually took possession of the MG. That corresponds with the date that signed and sent in my MSP initial registration.

I do the same, but you don’t sign the Form 4 when you pick it up and MSP never sent me a copy back for one of my more recent MGs. I usually scan each form before sending, but didn’t have easy access to a scanner at the time. I found an online copy of the check I sent in though.

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    I do the same, but you don’t sign the Form 4 when you pick it up and MSP never sent me a copy back for one of my more recent MGs. I usually scan each form before sending, but didn’t have easy access to a scanner at the time. I found an online copy of the check I sent in though.

I was referring to when I signed the paper copy of the MSP Initial registration form. Now of course you only have the option of doing that online.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    I would leave it empty if you don't have the info any more. I was smart... last time I did it on line I PDFed the info so I would have it for the future.

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    I would leave it empty if you don't have the info any more. I was smart... last time I did it on line I PDFed the info so I would have it for the future.

Don’t think you can leave them empty, they have an asterisk which usually means you can’t proceed without putting an answer.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    It's the date you took possession. I had no idea when that was, so I took my best guess. It was approved. I've had this thing registered every year since I got it, not really gonna sweat some paperwork details. Doubt the MSP's so terribly interested in trying to play gotcha in this case, either... people with MG money tend to have lawyer money.

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    Has anyone’s application been approved? I only submitted mine last week, but it still says pending.

I know it took them a month to approve my new resident registration.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom