• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    I had to leave at 10. I "occupied" a seat in the second row (next to mac1_131) from the time we got there ~7:10am until 10pm. The moms never had a chance at their game of optics. Rack, you directed that one like a symphony!

I did my best when at the microphone. It's difficult to speak when your head is on the verge of exploding. I've never been able to say that I testified next to a Rabbi until yesterday.

Decoy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2007
    Dystopia
    I hereby nominate this as an official MDS nickname. MDA members shall now be referred to as "Lobster Backs".

I always refer to them as "the away team", a play on the red shirts from Star Trek and the fact that they are funded by out of state money.

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    A special shout out to the Patriots at the corner of walk and don't walk holding signs and flags all day :thumbsup: The wind coming straight across the bridge and the cool temperatures didn't help things. What wind speed does it take to blow a flag straight out?

Attachments

• Walk and dont walk.jpg
      Walk and dont walk.jpg
      120.5 KB · Views: 604

RavensChick

Gun Loving Bitch
    A heartfelt thank you to everyone here that gave the time, energy and effort in attempt to defeat more tyranny in Maryland yesterday. A special shout-out to those fellow females in the front row with the WWNC shirts on who made their presence known and to the women that testified yesterday, giving female gun owners a voice.

I am still recovering from an emergency gallbladder surgery last Wednesday, otherwise, I'd be there. Keep up the good fight and give them hell on Wednesday.

Apr 8, 2012
    Earth
    I, too, would like to extend my gratitude to everyone who showed up, but especially to those that led the efforts. You all are an inspiration and a beacon of hope in this state.

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    Was there any talk of somehow grandfathering 80% lowers provided that they are serialized and registered?

Is there a way to go back and watch testimony on specific bills?

Cardin asked the NRA rep if the NRA would support some mechanism that allowed 80% builders to apply for a serial number from the state. The NRA rep said the NRA would approve of legislation that made it legal for 80% owners to be able to serialize their firearms as long as it met and didn't pass the current federal serialization standards.

We are facing that same BS down here in Texas. In preparing my testimony against Texas HB 38, I ran across an interesting Supreme Court case concerning registering firearms.

Haynes v. United States, 390 U.S. 85 (1968) was a case examining the Fifth Amendment's self-incrimination clause. The court's interpretation was that a law requiring registering of a firearm by someone who could not legally possess said firearm was a violation of their rights under the Fifth.

Yes, that is right. A law requiring firearm registration cannot be applied to a prohibited person. The Dems have succeeded in the ultimate illogic in creating a law criminals not only won't obey but one they cannot be compelled to obey.

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    I got home around 5:15 AM. Glad to stand next to a tireless group of patriots yesterday. Hope to see some new faces tomorrow and I got kicked out all by myself yesterday! Now I'm at work and it sucks

Ah young padawan, I am glad to see you have learned your lesson well and finally snatched the pebble from my hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom